Removing internal straps

When tipping on a bay do you need to undo the internal straps or can the loaders get the pallets off without them being undone? I see a lot of people just backing on. Maybe not using internals?

Take time to undo them or the lazy ware house peps will either refuse to unload you or just cut the straps with a knife :imp: :imp:

blue estate:
Take time to undo them or the lazy ware house peps will either refuse to unload you or just cut the straps with a knife :imp: :imp:

P/s don’t forget load security buck stops with the driver at the time no the person who loaded it :wink:
DVSA will take huge delight in relieving you of a few notes and giving a GV9 as well for good measure

I’d imagine most don’t use them. They would need to be removed before a load could be tipped. Depending on the size of the load, the strap would be on top of the load, pushing it down into the deck meaning the forklift wouldn’t be able to lift it. Also once a pallet is removed, the forklift wouldn’t be able to get to the next pallets because the strap would be obstructing its path

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Infernal straps are simply a pain in the ■■■■, if you are backed on a bay, many warehouses will not give you access to the trailer, if you do open the curtains, the fork lift drivers will probably refuse to enter the trailer.
If you arrive at a customer with a sealed trailer, you have to be sure that they have recorded it as sealed when you enter the premises, or any shortages will be directed towards the driver if he breaks the seal to remove the straps.
You can only hope the warehouse staff are willing to allow extra time or offer a system that is safe and doesn’t require a driver swinging off a rope to access the load.

I’ve always undone them. And some gatehouses are quick to say that they’ll cut them if they are in the way.

Fridges are a lot more straightforward!