Removing grease from hi-viz clothing

Rob K

Photogene is the golden solution remove grease.

My mother use to lay my fathers blue pants and jacket as he got oil and resin on and it vas removed but it was back more than half century ago. But I can’t tell if it was a mix of water and photogene, but I remember she had a large tub as she had laid the clothes and it had to lay there for some days. The he washed the traditionally way by hand or by machine.

I don’t know if Photogene is available today. We had a very good aid as was called Dilutin (Dilution) and it was good for removing oil, grease and grease from the wall near fireplace as is build of tiles. But one day when I should buy it I got to hear it was gone. It is the ■■■■ EU fault. Dilutine were a universal aid.

Have a good day
Lars-Gunnar :wink:

Why do you want a clean hi-viz? People will think you’re on day release from an office, playing at being at trucker!

You can always spot the office bods, they’re the ones wearing every known item of H&S gear, all of it spotless and straight from the packet!

Rob K:
It doesn’t seem to matter how careful I am, I keep getting grease marks on my hi-viz vest and all-weather jacket :angry: . Hot soapy water doesn’t do [zb] and I’m wondering if there is any magic product you fellas use to get the grease out? Ta.

just go to your t.o and ask for a new one,thats what i do if in the unlikely event i do get grease on my high viz,got a new one last week,

ady1:

Rob K:
It doesn’t seem to matter how careful I am, I keep getting grease marks on my hi-viz vest and all-weather jacket :angry: . Hot soapy water doesn’t do [zb] and I’m wondering if there is any magic product you fellas use to get the grease out? Ta.

just go to your t.o and ask for a new one,thats what i do if in the unlikely event i do get grease on my high viz,got a new one last week,

I don’t have a t/o. Work gear comes out of my company coffers.

Thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. :slight_smile:

Rob K:

ady1:

Rob K:

I don’t have a t/o. Work gear comes out of my company coffers.

Thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. :slight_smile:

Vanish then in washing machine, when the current wife is not looking :exclamation: I have two coats, a trailer coat and a ‘posh’ one when I go in offices etc. Some good posts, gonna try 'em.

Petrol.

If that doesn’t remove it, then set fire to the ■■■■■■ using the aforementioned petrol.

Ken.

Its a wonder companies dont go out of business with all the drivers greetin to their tm for a new viz every time a bit of grease gets rubbed on.

WD 40 it gets rid of all sorts of Grease, crap etc…

Get a job on Class 2! :grimacing:

my hi-vis fleece goes in the washing machine regularly , but as the fleece comes up reasonably clean the reflectiveness washes out from the strips :confused:

Just soak it in a bit of TFR :wink: in a bucket

Dip it in de-greaser/TFR get the pressure washer nice and hot clean a little square of concrete off then use your boot to keep the garment still and pressure wash away.

Yes you see some drivers and you think to yourself, is he going to drive it or fix it.

I use Washing Machine

I just use a black Hi-Vis jacket and it doesn`t show. :smiley:

cheekymonkey:
I just use a black Hi-Vis jacket and it doesn`t show. :smiley:

LOL! :laughing: Is that a Viz top tip, per chance? :stuck_out_tongue: