removed thread

So that there are no misunderstandings.

I asked Lucy to remove the 2 topic’s so as not to embarass trucknetUk to be seen in association with a campaigning site.
Between Me & Lucy, End of story.

I will say good buy to all members on the T/N forum and thank you for your support in the past.
Barrie

So there are no misunderstandings. Barrie did indeed ask me to remove his threads, after I said we couldn’t do joint projects on any level with his or any other campaining website, for reasons which I have explained to him time and time again in the past.

We have always done what we can, but it is never enough, and a response of “sorry but no” always produces the same reaction.

Sorry we weren’t “good” enough bazman. Goodbye.

Sorry Lucy
but I never know where you draw the line.
I “suggested” for you to mull over, next year a joint “Truckstop of the Year”
Allowing more drivers to vote for their truckstop choice in one place.
This I got my wrist slapped for.

Yet you support other campaigns.
So where is the line that you draw, between association.
I thought we had agreed between onlinetruckers ourselves and Trucknetuk to start working closer together.

We agreed no such thing. In fact we made it very clear to you why that would never happen. Why it can’t happen.

No-one slapped your wrist, I just said no, for the same reasons you have been given over and over and over.

But it’s always the same, i allow what I can, you ask for more, I have to say no for the usual reasons, you get upset and start wanting your threads pulled and say you’re leaving never to return. Until next time, naturally.

I just don’t get it, why keep biting the hands of those who try and help you? Why the hell should we help you when this is what happens? If this is what happens, can you now understand why supporting driver-led campaigning sites is such a dicey area for us? And why we hence stick rigidly to a policy of allowing posts about particular campaigns provided we are asked permission first, and stay well away from anything “joint”, no matter how small? Why I am sick to the bad teeth of saying this over and over and over and over again■■? When I’m only asking that you respect our boundaries for our webspace■■?

And if you find our policy so objectionable and impossible to understand, why on earth are you still here■■?

Ps. I mulled your suggestion over, I said no, and I gave you reasons why. What is the problem with that? There is no grey area.

99% of the time I always ask you if OK to post, so I do respect the way you run your site.

I asked to put on there a reply from Whitwood truckstop, with a invite for drivers to a party as thanks for voting them winners.

At the same time I suggested you mull over a joint “truckstop of the year”
Your reply
we’re not getting into visible partnership with campaigning sites for the reasons we’ve already discussed. We do what we can, but that really is it.

What harm can it do T/N to have a joint “truckstop of the year vote”

And then when you say you cannot be seen to be in association with a campaigning site, I ask to remove the post to save you any embarrassment,
to get a OK, I will remove your free banner as well.

Is that really working together, for the good of drivers.

That’s what you don’t “get” bazman. We aren’t HERE to “work together for the good of drivers”. We simply provide an online resource, and run it in a manner which enables it to be as self-sustaining as possible.

Since it is obviously now acceptable for me to make the series of PMs between us public - despite you having broken forum rules by revealing one without the permission of the sender - the PM which you quote was in response to this:

bazman:
Please delete “Tesco Boycott” & “Whitwood truckstop”

Or I will have to edit my post with just a smilie
Barrie

Now, I’m sorry, but anyone who sends threatening PMs - and yes, that comes across to me as threatening - however mild that threat may be, is not worthy of our support. Simple.

I can’t seem to get it through to you that we have been DOING YOU A FAVOUR. You made a suggestion, I said no, and I gave you a reason. But yet again as soon as a request or suggestion is turned down, out come the teddies from the pram.

[EDITED TO REMOVE PERSONAL DETAILS ABOUT MYSELF WHICH I SIMPLY SHOULDN’T HAVE POSTED.]. Stress caused by petty spats makes my physical position worse, as does sitting up late dealing with people who haven’t enough respect for those who have tried to help them (in whatever ways they can) to keep this sort of thing private. You are insisting on going public, so you are effectively forcing me to reply.

I know that none of the above is your problem, and am not looking for your sympathy. But I hope you will appreciate why I have neither the energy or inclination (never mind proper control of my fingers to be able to type without making huge numbers of typos to correct) to bother arguing with someone who doesn’t know when to accept what is offered with grace and without pressure.

Right now, right at this moment, you could sell stories to the Sun about how awful TruckNet UK are for not agreeing to everything you ask, and how Lucy Chequer is utterly unreasonable in not giving you carte blanche to do as you please.

I know I have and will continue to do my unpaid job to the best of my abilities, and beyond that, I really do not care.

Lucy:

bazman:

Barrie

Lucy that was not a threat it was in reply to you.

If you wish to delete the post, feel free. I have better things to do than run about after you.

I cannot delete

I have always been thankful for any support from T/N

I can’t seem to get it through to you that we have been DOING YOU A FAVOUR

But do not try to use that as a “we are better than you” you need us.
by all means remove my free banner, but the T/N banners on my site (all five) will remain, I am not that petty.

I will continue to run truckersworld for and on behalf of drivers, 90% of your members are drivers and therefore I try to keep them informed of what I am doing, T/N run differently and their sponsors are more important than the members to keep the coffers correct to allow the site to run.

As I have said on many occasion, I applaud you and Rikki for running the site and making it what it is today, but the internet is growing and drivers are becoming more aware of what is going on, therefore the need to work together is growing, and Rikki did suggest it last year ie inform drivers about particular things on each others site.

I am going bed now, and it is a shame that a working relationship breaks down over a simple suggestion of working together on a “Truckstop of the year”

To finish sorry to hear your not too well and hope you make a speedy recovery soon

Lucy wrote:

bazman wrote:

Barrie

Lucy that was not a threat it was in reply to you.

Quote:
If you wish to delete the post, feel free. I have better things to do than run about after you.

I cannot delete

Bazman, if you are going to quote from PMs, at least have the decency to quote them in order. You could have deleted your post at that point as it had no replies. You run a php Forum, you know that (or you should).

At the point I refused to delete your post for you, you were refering to just the Whitwood post, and I have no idea why you wanted it deleting, other than because you took my perfectly civil initial PM as to why we could not do a joint Truckstop Award as a personal insult. If I spent my time deleting/editing/moving every post that I am asked to, for whatever reason, I would be on this wretched PC 24/7.

At that point your reaction had already irritated me as it was so familiar from every other time I have said no to a particular request or suggestion, that I wasn’t going to waste time doing something you were perfectly capable of doing yourself.

So it is understandable, I’m sure, that when your next message (Titled “Formal request” ) appeared refering to both threads, I felt it was thraetening. I can see that I may have taken that the wrong way, and apologise accordingly. But the objection to these boringly predictable “flare ups” stands.

I have always been thankful for any support from T/N
But do not try to use that as a “we are better than you” you need us.

Thankful is throwing a wobbler when there are things we are unable to do, is it? Thankful is dragging it all, PRIVATE messages and all, onto a public forum? Not where I come from it isn’t.

As for any suggestion of anyone being better than anyone else, I’m afraid that is a complete mystery to me. No such thing has ever been suggested. It wouldn’t be true, for starters. The two entities are entirely different.

I will continue to run truckersworld for and on behalf of drivers, 90% of your members are drivers and therefore I try to keep them informed of what I am doing,

Good. You have a website of your own on which to do it.

T/N run differently and their sponsors are more important than the members to keep the coffers correct to allow the site to run.

See, again, why does no-one get this? No sponsors on a site this size=no site. If the members weren’t important, we’d pack it all in once and for all (as we nearly did, not so long ago) and have a much easier, quieter life. We can’t afford to bankroll the thing - labour costs money too, you know, it’s the major expense for any business - so it has to be self-sustaining. It’s not that the sponsors are more important, it’s that there would be no site for anyone to be a member of without them!!!

As I have said on many occasion, I applaud you and Rikki for running the site and making it what it is today, but the internet is growing and drivers are becoming more aware of what is going on, therefore the need to work together is growing, and Rikki did suggest it last year ie inform drivers about particular things on each others site.

He did, and we have. Unfortunately you have just kept pushing and pushing, and can never take no for an answer when a suggestion is made which we can’t go along with. And you insist on making more and more of a public splash every single time.

We don’t want anyone’s applause. This site does what we want it to do, and it does it well thanks to the members and unpaid Admin Team. There is no need for us to work with anyone in order to achieve that, and such relationships have proved damaging in the past - as this one is becoming now. Therefore they have been kept under tighter and tighter control, forever trying to find the balance between allowing information to be passed and protecting our own needs. Every time this sort of thing happens, every time we get pushed about by ever more demanding or conditional requests and suggestions, we shut the door a little further.
It is now locked, bolted, and alarmed to the hilt.

I am going bed now, and it is a shame that a working relationship breaks down over a simple suggestion of working together on a “Truckstop of the year”

No bazman, this has brewing up through a number of similar spats over a long time. It’s merely the straw which has broken the camel’s back. One incident is irritating, two upsetting, the same thing over and over is just a waste of time and energy.

To finish sorry to hear your not too well and hope you make a speedy recovery soon

Thankyou.

Thankful is throwing a wobbler when there are things we are unable to do, is it? Thankful is dragging it all, PRIVATE messages and all, onto a public forum? Not where I come from it isn’t.

My original post said.
Between me and Lucy, End of Story

You moved it and had to reply, opening it up to public, I am entitled to answer and ask a question. if you decide to open it up to justify who is wrong or right, it should of remained as it was between you and me.

members can make their own mind up

GOODNIGHT Bazman.

It is this simple…
Trucknet UK has had a policy of supporting campaigns/issues by other organisations but not getting directly involved for a number of years.

That is policy, something which Lucy cannot override on her own without consulting the other directors. Her response to your request is totally in line with the policy of this company.

We are still happy to help you promote your campaigns, but as far as workng on any issues/ideas jointly we do not have the time to do so, also we do not take a stance on campiagning issues as we are NOT a campiagning website, Truckersworld dos that far more effectively.

Your free banner advert will remain, and the forums are available to you to use as per our agreement, but we will not get involved in joint ventures of any nature with any website that is a campaigning website , campaigning is not what we do!!

Rikki

Rikki-UK:
Your free banner advert will remain, and the forums are available to you to use as per our agreement, but we will not get involved in joint ventures of any nature with any website that is a campaigning website , campaigning is not what we do!!
Rikki

Thank You Rikki

My last post on this, so that it does not keep going on.
My Suggestion to “Lucy” by PM (private) was simply a “Suggestion”

rightly or wrongly, the reply I took was a “Ive told you before”
hence a stupid argument.

I am pleased the banner will remain, but I will decline the offer to post on the forum again, as the fine line between supporting and association is unclear.
TheTesco Saga was a joint venture, where drivers from both forums took on the problems and due to this got a meeting sorted. Rikki letter possibly also taking a big hand.
In my opinion This was “2 Internet sites working together”
Yet then I am told we cannot do joint ventures.

I post on the forum as a courtesy to your members to keep them informed of ongoing campaigns many of them are involved with, and on most occasions have always asked permission before doing so.
I do not “Throw my dummy” or have a “wobbler” but do expect a courteous reply to a “Suggestion”. (Taken the wrong way maybe?)

So as to avoid a argument between 2 Admin who support each other and work together. It will be best not to post on here again, and “Lucy” I only “keep coming back” to inform members of Tesco, and I asked you to post it first rather than me.

I will not reply to any further post on this and hope it will drift down the line and out of site.
Hopefully someone on T/N will keep members informed of new developments on the different campaigns.
Thanks to all on TrucknetUK.

■■?

Shouldn’t this be in PM?