Regulations

Happy Keith:

bowser:
‘…annoying bing bing thingy that tortures you into wearing it … i …wrap it around the seat and plug it in to shut it the hell up… my own fault if i get caught tho…’

It’s very noble to accept fault if getting caught, but it’s my/our taxes that’ll drop everything to fix broken muppets in hospital ‘for free’ and pay any subsequent unemployment benefit, etc, etc, etc.

Does blame acceptance include full remedial healthcare restoration …or chip-in to buy the rescue guys/medic’s a conciliatory beer after they’ve scraped your face off the cats eyes and disentangled your scapula from the steering column?

Seatbelts are integral to primary healthcare in a supposed civilised & informed society not a lifestyle choice for buffoons, whether they are street racing in a clapped out Corsa or driving vocationally.

did’nt you just post some of that ■■

whats a scapula ■■

bowser:
whats a scapula ■■

bowser:

Happy Keith:

bowser:
‘…annoying bing bing thingy that tortures you into wearing it … i …wrap it around the seat and plug it in to shut it the hell up… my own fault if i get caught tho…’

It’s very noble to accept fault if getting ‘caught’, but it’s my/our taxes that’ll drop everything to fix broken muppets in hospital ‘for free’ and pay any subsequent unemployment benefit, etc, etc, etc.

Does blame acceptance include full remedial healthcare restoration?

Seatbelts are integral to primary healthcare in a supposed civilised & informed society not a lifestyle choice for buffoons, whether they are street racing in a clapped out Corsa or driving vocationally.

but dont i pay tax aswell ■■ what your point preacher man ■■

I think that my ‘…point…’ is made - but suspect that you are publicly intent on being a bit clever and abusive, so unless you’ve anything else to add I’ll not hold my breath for you.

Edited to add: This post was intended to be sent as a PM (Personal Message) to Bowser - but due being in a rush at the time, having dodgy IT ‘finger trouble’ & giving it further thought, it can stay here.

Of course, you don’t have to wear a seatbelt whilst reversing so that’s one way around it but not recommended over long distances.

Pregnancy alone is apparently no excuse for not wearing one (though you can get away with it if you have proper proof of medical exemption) - not wearing a seatbelt that is rather than pregnancy.

According to this:- lawontheweb.co.uk/Road_Traff … Seat_Belts
which must be true, the 50m rule whilst delivering holds true as does a number of exemptions for various officials including “taking part in a procession on behalf of the crown”.

Thanks guys, the answers you all gave has just won me a £10 but like the little trucker I am, there’s too many to share with :smiley:

Thanks to all

Up until last week I never ever wore one in a truck (wouldn’t dream of driving my car without one though… tres bizarre) and preferred to rely on the tried and tested method of a black teeshirt to avoid plod. However, the poor HGV driver who was killed on the A1 after being flung thru his windscreen after a relatively minor crash has given me pause for thought now. I am trying, but it just feels “odd”.

papermonkey:

little trucker:
Would some one please settle an argument over the wearing of seat belts in HGV’s, my question is , is it complusary to wear seat belts in trucks, I understand that it is as I have heard of case’s were the driver has been fined for not wearing the seat belt.

Thanks in advance
Little trucker

The law says if its fitted then you must wear them. Exemptions are buses on city routes, and HGV’s when only travelling 500 yards or so.

And Cabs and taxi’s with passengers on board (but only the driver is exempt)

bubsy06:
Y not many cameras about that can do you for no seatbelt so a very high chance of not getting caught.

Brother in law will argue there with you Lol

He drives a transit for delivering office stationary around North East and recieved a Fixed penalty through the post so he contested it, 2 weeks later a nice clear photograph appeared through the post along with a reminder to Pay the £60 promptly :laughing: :laughing:

macplaxton:

einstein:
It is law that if a seat belt is fitted to the vehicle/HGV/PSV you are driving, you must wear it.

True

einstein:
Fine £60 I think plus 3 points :question:

False. £30 (it may have gone up) and non-endorseable. Maximum penalty £500.

Thanks for the correction macplaxton :slight_smile: Couldn’t remember if it came with points or not :unamused:

So it seems you only need to wear a seatbelt if you have a guardian angel flying alongside, the Belgians tend to drive like lunatics as long as they have a catholic icon in the window.

Don’t forget you only have to wear a seatbelt if it is fitted!

bowser:
some newer wagons ( volvo :imp: ) have a god dam annoying bing bing thingy that tortures you into wearing it … :imp:

i have to be honest tho i do wrap it around the seat and plug it in to shut it the hell up… my own fault if i get caught tho… :blush:

with the volvo the seat belt acts in accordance with the air bag.

Part of the safety features of volvo

so in doing what you do you end up flying over the air bag in to windscreen

last year a B&Q diver from Manchester ended up in a serious RTA and it was the fact he was wearing belt and SRS (volvo safety thingy) that he only ended up with bruises and not thrown out cab

Any one (esp the heroes on here, never worn one and ain’t gonna :unamused: ) got any different views on the seatbelt wearing issue yet as loads of people are posting away piccy’s of trucks on their side all over the place on other threads.

Do you think you would be better with one on as your truck goes over to save you a good roll around the cab or are you just happy to open the door and jump out in slo-mo action type hero style aka a hollywood movie :sunglasses: :laughing:

einstein:

macplaxton:

einstein:
It is law that if a seat belt is fitted to the vehicle/HGV/PSV you are driving, you must wear it.

True

einstein:

Thanks for the correction macplaxton :slight_smile: Couldn’t remember if it came with points or not :unamused:

I got 3 points plus FP of £60

einstein:

macplaxton:

einstein:

True

einstein:

wideload2011:

einstein:

macplaxton:

einstein:

True

einstein:

Not wearing a seatbelt is a non-endorsable offence, so no chance of getting points. Were you speeding at the time and they pulled you up on the seatbelt as well?
saferroads.org/tickets/seatbelt/

the maoster:
Up until last week I never ever wore one in a truck (wouldn’t dream of driving my car without one though… tres bizarre) and preferred to rely on the tried and tested method of a black teeshirt to avoid plod. However, the poor HGV driver who was killed on the A1 after being flung thru his windscreen after a relatively minor crash has given me pause for thought now. I am trying, but it just feels “odd”.

a geo post went over on the m40 about 3 years ago,i ran out of time in the q so i nighted out at oxford services.later that night they bought the wreck in and started to unload it.when the unit had gone over it had ripped the top of the door open and you could see where the driver had come out.all that was left was a brown,grey and red stain that started at the passenger door and finished just in front of the trailer wheels,there was also lumps of flesh stuck on the underrun bars.i never wore a seat belt before then but i do now :frowning:

Seatbelt or no seatbelt?

youtube.com/watch?v=pxCQlUEKiUs

bubsy06:

wideload2011:

einstein:

macplaxton:

einstein:

True

einstein:

Not wearing a seatbelt is a non-endorsable offence, so no chance of getting points. Were you speeding at the time and they pulled you up on the seatbelt as well?
saferroads.org/tickets/seatbelt/

No I was just pulled over for no seat belt.

In Northern Ireland.
So watch yourself anyone there.

wideload2011:
No I was just pulled over for no seat belt.

In Northern Ireland.
So watch yourself anyone there.

oh NI seems like it is 3 points there then
psni.police.uk/index/advice- … _codes.htm

Ian58:
Seatbelt or no seatbelt?

youtube.com/watch?v=pxCQlUEKiUs

That video shows that the wearing of a seatbelt can indeed save the life of the driver in the event of a rollover…nothing to be said of 18stone of hairy arsed passenger being thrown around the cab at 30mph and colliding with the driver and busting his neck!!