Regarding the new forum - when it happens!

Will HTML codes still be allowed and if not, is there an alternative :question:

If not allowed, will I have to edit all my posts that include HTML codes :question:

the new forum doesnt allow HTML, we looked to see if theres any modifications that allow HTML but all have security problems , some HTML may be able to be converted automaticaly by entering it manually in to the word censor and using the BB code as its replacement but a lot of HTML doesnt have a current BB alternative

Rikki-UK:
the new forum doesnt allow HTML, we looked to see if theres any modifications that allow HTML but all have security problems , some HTML may be able to be converted automaticaly by entering it manually in to the word censor and using the BB code as its replacement but a lot of HTML doesnt have a current BB alternative

Will this mean that I’ll lose my banners and the ability to make posts more visually enjoyable :question:

ROG:
Will this mean that I’ll lose my banners and the ability to make posts more visually enjoyable :question:

Visually enjoyable or more like a badly designed 1990’s web page? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Visually enjoyable or more like a badly designed 1990’s web page? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

OK, can go a bit overboad at times but the newbies seem to like the test pass banners :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What will you be more disappointed with, the lack of HTML or your post count going back to zero? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
What will you be more disappointed with, the lack of HTML or your post count going back to zero? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t mind that - if it means that I can catch you up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are all the posts staying or is it gonna be a blank canvass?

bubsy06:
Are all the posts staying or is it gonna be a blank canvass?

the posts are staying :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Will I be able to keep my table toppler avatar?

bubsy06:
Will I be able to keep my table toppler avatar?

yes

that’s why it’s taken a long time :wink: the tech guys are moving everything across

Denis F:
the tech guys are moving everything across

:laughing: :laughing: Do you think they’ll remember to bring ROG :question:
:laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Are there any screen shots to show us what the new layout looks like?

dieseldave:

Denis F:
the tech guys are moving everything across

:laughing: :laughing: Do you think they’ll remember to bring ROG :question:
:laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

shhh it’s a secret :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Highway Man:
Are there any screen shots to show us what the new layout looks like?

No screen shots, but it’s the same base, phpbb3, as the HATOs site, which you and I are both members of (along with several others :open_mouth: :laughing: ).
There are a lot of other forums also already moved over to that version of bulletin board software.

The new TruckNet UK site will be a modified version, but will look virtually the same, as far as I know. With TNUK headers, obviously :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

BBcode for marquee

I tried TEST on the HATO site and it did not work - or does the site need this sort of thing to be ‘enabled’ or programmed in :question: :question: