Refused work because Digi Card stopped working

Hi guys,

New member so be gentle.

I’m an Angency driver and drive for DHL mainly. My card has worked fine until Yesterday night when it came up Card Not Valid 48, my card expires 2013. I looked into it and it seemed a lot of drivers were having the same issue which led me to here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83159&p=1139301#p1139301

So it seems to be an issue somewhere.

Anyway so I done everything properly i.e printouts and I had another shift tonight at 20.30 and when I get there my name is off the list. I call agency and they said DHL emailed them and said I cannot drive for them as I have an issue with my Digi Card. I explained the issue and that legally I can drive for 15 days without one. They said DHL will not allow this and assumed I knew not to go into work tonight and that’s why no one called me to let me know.

So where do I stand with this? I’ve turned up for a shift I’ve been contracted to do fully able and legal to do the job and was refused for no reason.

Thanks in advance

Matt

get a timesheet signed to say you turned up, nobody called to say you rturned up so you should get your basic from them be whatever that is, though they will try not pay you as your card aint working.

tbh agencies are {zb} like this.

Welcome to the world of the agency driver…