Refuse vehicles: Seddon Atkinson / Brittania... help please

We have been asked for some help, but the subject matter is an area in which I have little ( = none at all :blush: ) knowledge, so I’m not able to be much use. :frowning:

Q1.)

We’re looking for info on Seddon Atkinson refuse vehicles for the period 2011 - 2014 please.

• Did Seddon Atkinson even still make refuse vehicles in that time period?

• Specifically, we’d like to know the distance (height) from cab floor to the ground, (if this is not known, the distance from the ground to the cab floor will do instead :laughing: :grimacing: )…as well as any info about grab rails and how many steps these vehicles had please?

• I seem to remember low entry height cabs becoming industry standard, but can anybody help us with when this happened please?

Does anybody have any solid info, such as from spec sheets please?

============================
Q2.)

• Does anybody have any of the same info as requested above, but for Brittania refuse vehicles for the period 1990 - 2000 please?

============================

:bulb: All sensible answers and any relevant pictures or links to good info will be gratefully received. :smiley:

The refuse lorries were badged Seddon Atkinson “Pacer”
If you google Seddon Atkinson Pacer there is quite a lot of information on there
I hope this helps [emoji1303]

This fella is very helpful, he buys and sells them and knows lots of stuff about them.

hopdeals.com/Index.html

gazsa401:
The refuse lorries were badged Seddon Atkinson “Pacer”
If you google Seddon Atkinson Pacer there is quite a lot of information on there
I hope this helps [emoji1303]

Hi gazsa401,
That’s a great piece of info, thanks very much!! :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
This fella is very helpful, he buys and sells them and knows lots of stuff about them.

hopdeals.com/Index.html

Thanks Malc, another great piece of info! :smiley:

Does anybody know when the low entry height cabs came into use for refuse vehicles?

I have only ever seen one ……

(I hope the fleet number on the front means that there are/were a lot more).

TROOPER2:
I have only ever seen one ……

(I hope the fleet number on the front means that there are/were a lot more).

Hi TROOPER2,

Thanks very much for a great picture, very helpful indeed!! :smiley:

Got one or two, apologies if some are not relevant to your quest.
Oily

Refuse maltabuses 1990 20111019232427-3e44b75e-me mb.jpg

The chap you need to speak to is Richard Grey - he was SA production manager in their final days at the Madrid factory - although I think it was a long time prior to 2011 (Possibly as far back as 2005).

Info here
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … -1981/46/s
Oily

dieseldave:
Does anybody know when the low entry height cabs came into use for refuse vehicles?

hi back in the 90s we had 2 Seddon Atkinson Euro movers, they were low entry cabs with a rear steer but we didn’t buy any we stuck with the pacer as it was classed as new technology by the powers that be no pics sorry

oiltreader:
Got one or two, apologies if some are not relevant to your quest.
Oily

Hi Oily,

Excellent pictures… very helpful indeed thanks. :smiley:

marky:
The chap you need to speak to is Richard Grey - he was SA production manager in their final days at the Madrid factory - although I think it was a long time prior to 2011 (Possibly as far back as 2005).

That’s a great lead marky, thanks very much sir!! :smiley:

oiltreader:
Info here
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … -1981/46/s
Oily

Another excellent lead Oily, Great Work, thanks. :smiley:

atlas man:

dieseldave:

hi back in the 90s we had 2 Seddon Atkinson Euro movers, they were low entry cabs with a rear steer but we didn’t buy any we stuck with the pacer as it was classed as new technology by the powers that be no pics sorry

Every piece of info is a great help, thanks for that atlas man. :smiley:

Britannia link
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … g-the-dust
and one or two in Malta.
Oily

Refuse maltabuses 1986 Britannia with Jack Allan Body 20111019110629-6820d62e-me mb.jpg

Refuse maltabuses 1987 Britannia Refuse Collector20111019110639-30e17310-me mb.jpg

Refuse maltabuses 1987 Britannia Refuse Collector 20111019110637-5ba71b09-me mb.jpg

Refuse maltabuses  1989 Britannia with Jack Allan Collectomatic Body 20111019110631-9cf50f8f-me mb.jpg

Two more in Malta, the blue one still with uk reg. The Malta photos are all with permission from Keith Till of maltabuses.piwigo.com
Oily

Refuse maltabuses 1988 Seddon Atkinson 2.11 Refuse Collecto 20111019232358-a013fbbb-me mb.jpg

Refuse maltabuses 1996 Seddon Atkinson 6X2 Refuse Collector with Heil-Jack Allen Body Ex P809NOP 20111019232348-e8ea2f50-me mb.jpg

oiltreader:
Two more in Malta, the blue one still with uk reg. The Malta photos are all with permission from Keith Till of maltabuses.piwigo.com
Oily

I bet the blue Seddon you can still see in the right light Clean Away on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul Gee sent me a few which may be of help.

P4250125.JPG