Refresher training

Hi all

Back in August 2008 at earned my class 1 with a view of changing my career, well it didn’t happen due to many factors… one was the recession, the other was the fact I was in tied accommodation with an employer and the way money was, it would have been financial suicide… got my licence just in time to avoid spending extra money on the DCPC, which still gave me the 5 year lea way should I end up driving…

Atm I’m not working due to this back and think I’m making good progress, pains less and less as the weeks go by and the reliance of using medication is becoming less and less… just need to start shifting some weight and rebuild up my muscles…

Now considering that I’ve not been being the wheel of and artic for a few years, would it be recommended that then Im ready to start looking for work again, getting my self booked on a day course with a training company, just as a refresher ■■? or is it like riding a motor bike… you never forget…

Whilst I understand that any job I apply for will entail a driving assessment which I really don’t want to look a ■■■■ on and screw my chances of employment or do I go down the route of applying for something and advising the employer " might be a bit rusty "… I mean money is very tight and to spend a few hundred quid might be difficult. Considering I gotta spend £400 getting my DCPC

Why not contact your local trainers and ask for an assessment drive (less money to spend. You may find once behind the wheel you feel fine and the trainer might even agree!

If not you can get their advice and then decide but you’ll have been behind the wheel again and will know in yourself how you feel about it and be better able to decide.

To help a bit some trainers have on road training approved as 7 hours CPC so a day refresher with them would save you some money and get both driving experience and part of the CPC.