refresher training

ive got , or rather had till recently 9 licences ,all of which had 2 be “refreshed” /re -certificated every few years , due to family situation /financial penury, i lapsed so far ,6 off them ,these ones i reckon i have totally forfeited,so much for investing in yourself, spent 2 years caring 4 my father , must have saved council a fortune on nurse /nursing home fees>it will not surprise me if lgv are included in this sham eventually

I have heard whispers that they are intending on bringing in re training every 2 years for lorry drivers, does anyone know anything about this?, if it is true, I for one am certainly not going the be prepared to do this, I think its a bit of a joke to be honest, a money racket, bit of a waste of time and money this year for me gettin my licenses this year if this is the case :frowning:, I hope Im hearing wrong thou.

I’ve not heard anything like that myself. Doesn’t sound to be legit to be honest.

LR18-8:
I’ve not heard anything like that myself. Doesn’t sound to be legit to be honest.

Nor have I, it could be someone’s misunderstood the dcpc perhaps. Be aware that Northern Ireland does have some different rules though that most of us on here may not know.

I hope it isn’t the case, apparently it came from the council, and these boys are always the first to hear about these things :$, fingers crossed though!.

I would imagine if that type of regulation was tried there would be big consequences because most drivers wouldn’t stand for it.

LR18-8:
I would imagine if that type of regulation was tried there would be big consequences because most drivers wouldn’t stand for it.

here here!