Referendum to leave the EU

Carryfast:

gezt:
better import of people who want to learn/integrate into the British way of life as well as enjoying their own culture.

That’s a contradiction.It’s not right to invite any immigrant comminities into the country and then expect them to ‘integrate’.There’s a massive difference between multi culturalism and integration and that’s the major flaw in British immigration policy which seems to be all about integrating foreign alien cultures into our own.Which is wrong for us and it’s wrong for them.If immigration has reached the point where immigrant communities can make localised majorities and/or need to be ‘integrated’ then that immigration level is too high.

read it
i said
integrate and enjoy their own culture
integrate means go by our laws not theirs etc
goto any islamic country and try to be a christian and european(ie alchol) and see what happens…

gezt:

Carryfast:

gezt:
better import of people who want to learn/integrate into the British way of life as well as enjoying their own culture.

Which most of them do anyway.

Saaamon:

Carryfast:

8wheels:
It’s easy to say we’d all be better off out of it, and how we could put aside all the crap that comes our way. I’ve thought for a long time that we should be out of it, but I have a funny feeling that we’d be somehow worse off as a result.

It’s never likely to come up for a vote so I shan’t lose too much sleep over it.

We weren’t worse off before we joined and we won’t be worse off if we leave.We’ve been in trade deficit with the place since we joined added to which we’ve now got the added issue of cheap imported east european labour doing many of the jobs we’ve got left.

You need to wake up and get with the times. East europeans havnt [zb] us at all, its the british greed culture thats [zb] us!

And you need to read. He never said East Europeans done anything to us. Its Global business that has screwed us importing cheap labour whilst outsourcing what they can to cheaper countries. Nothing to do with British greed culture at all.

I believe that we should follow the example of Australia i.e. Q. Do WE need you ? A. (1) Yes, Well come on in then. (2) No, Clear Off somewhere else. Simple

If we were to leave the EU and the consequent trading barriers were reintroduced, how would that affect companies such as Honda, Nissan etc who were only persuaded to accept the bribes to come here because it gave them access to the Eu markets.

Would they relocate to central Europe?
Greece or Spain would welcome them with open arms.

Ideally the poll should have a 3rd option.
Remain in the EU and use the current crisis within it to renegotiate the basic rules of membership etc.
As far as all the rules coming out of Brussells, when you take away the straight forward myths (i.e. straight cucumbers etc) and then discount the rules that the UK has gold plated, you might be surprised at some of the rules that are left.
Some of the “rules” are caused by people, who should know better, simply imposing them incorrectly, Health and Safety legislation and its implementation is a prime example of this. kind of thing.

del949:
If we were to leave the EU and the consequent trading barriers were reintroduced, how would that affect companies such as Honda, Nissan etc who were only persuaded to accept the bribes to come here because it gave them access to the Eu markets.

We’ve lost more sales and therefore jobs in the domestic market to foreign imports than we’ve ever gained in the export markets wether in the EU or the so called global free market economy.At best our own people who are lucky enough to have a job are driving Brit assembled Hondas etc while we export a few Jaguars to the Russians and the Chinese.Which is a bit different to the situation in the early 1970’s. :bulb:

We should tell the Japanese to get out and get back to at least where we were in 1970 in terms of imports bearing in mind that British made Japanese cars still benefits the Japanese economy more than ours anyway.

Mike-C:

Saaamon:

Carryfast:

8wheels:
It’s easy to say we’d all be better off out of it, and how we could put aside all the crap that comes our way. I’ve thought for a long time that we should be out of it, but I have a funny feeling that we’d be somehow worse off as a result.

It’s never likely to come up for a vote so I shan’t lose too much sleep over it.

We weren’t worse off before we joined and we won’t be worse off if we leave.We’ve been in trade deficit with the place since we joined added to which we’ve now got the added issue of cheap imported east european labour doing many of the jobs we’ve got left.

You need to wake up and get with the times. East europeans havnt [zb] us at all, its the british greed culture thats [zb] us!

And you need to read. He never said East Europeans done anything to us. Its Global business that has screwed us importing cheap labour whilst outsourcing what they can to cheaper countries. Nothing to do with British greed culture at all.

He said that east european labour doing many of the jobs we’ve got left… So they have done something.

gezt:

Carryfast:

gezt:

That’s a contradiction.It’s not right to invite any immigrant comminities into the country and then expect them to ‘integrate’.There’s a massive difference between multi culturalism and integration and that’s the major flaw in British immigration policy which seems to be all about integrating foreign alien cultures into our own.Which is wrong for us and it’s wrong for them.If immigration has reached the point where immigrant communities can make localised majorities and/or need to be ‘integrated’ then that immigration level is too high.

read it
i said
integrate and enjoy their own culture
goto any islamic country and try to be a christian and european(ie alchol) and see what happens…

Going by local laws is what happens on holiday to foreign parts and places that’s not the same thing as large scale integration of totally alien communities.The fact is British communities couldn’t live in Africa or Asia etc on a fully integrated basis just as the African or Asian cultures shouldn’t be expected to be integrated into ours.In the case of the Brits it’s a self controlling issue because we don’t want to move to Africa or Asia on a large scale basis.That control doesn’t exist in the case of African or Asian etc immigration here so it needs to be controlled artificially by shutting the gates.However it’s wrong to integrate those immigrant comminities that are here other than meeting our basic laws in just the same way that they would need to meet them while visiting the country.But that’s not the same thing as full ethnic and cultural ‘integration’ which is presently being forced on the totally different immigrant and indigenous communities.However under present immigration policies it’s just a matter of time until the immigrant communities form first local then national majorities in which case the indigenous communities will be living in a foreign country without even having moved to one. :bulb:

Carryfast:

del949:

We’ve lost more sales and therefore jobs in the domestic market to foreign imports than we’ve ever gained in the export markets wether in the EU or the so called global free market economy.At best our own people who are lucky enough to have a job are driving Brit assembled Hondas etc while we export a few Jaguars to the Russians and the Chinese.Which is a bit different to the situation in the early 1970’s. :bulb:

We should tell the Japanese to get out and get back to at least where we were in 1970 in terms of imports bearing in mind that British made Japanese cars still benefits the Japanese economy more than ours anyway.

Get back to where we were in the 1970’s? You mean on strike? British people are greedy, expect all the luxaries life has to offer yet dont want to work for it. Before the recession started you wouldnt get a brit cleaning toilets, they all thought it was below them, then along came the foreigners and they started taking these jobs, they’d turn up everyday, get the job done and wouldnt moan. Then all the brits started losing their union negotiated £10ph factory jobs and guess what they want that cleaning job they were knocking 6months pervious.

Carryfast:
However under present immigration policies it’s just a matter of time until the immigrant communities form first local then national majorities in which case the indigenous communities will be living in a foreign country without even having moved to one. :bulb:

You honestly think thats whats going to happen?

Saaamon:

Carryfast:
However under present immigration policies it’s just a matter of time until the immigrant communities form first local then national majorities in which case the indigenous communities will be living in a foreign country without even having moved to one. :bulb:

You honestly think thats whats going to happen?

It already has in places like Southall. :laughing:

Saaamon:

Carryfast:

del949:

Get back to where we were in the 1970’s? You mean on strike? British people are greedy, expect all the luxaries life has to offer yet dont want to work for it.

It seems a waste of time that many of those strikers of the 1970’s ever bothered going to fight the Germans and the Japanese during the 1940’s and you really wouldn’t want to be living in the place now if they hadn’t done that.Or if they hadn’t bothered to strike to keep wage levels high enough to keep the economy afloat.During the time of 20% + price led inflation after we’d joined the EU and underwent ‘price harmonisation’ added to the fuel price increases of the time.

A NON promise made for a NON parliament (since these jokers have no hope of getting in come 2015!) with a NON question on the sheet.

Anyone serious about giving the public a say here would rush to get a referendum done right away… They’ve only got 3 years to arrange it after all. What can you do in 3 years? Build an olympic stadium that everyone said would be a flop? Put Nick Clegg on a slow boat to Mars? Ask the entire cabinet to investigate the newly-discovered ISON incoming comet where it is at the moment (beyond the orbit of Jupiter) or even call a snap general election on a “back me or sack me” basis. At least Major won an election he wasn’t supposed to win, so he’s got to have more balls than cameron who’s yet to “win” an election - properly! :smiling_imp:

Comet ISON 2013.png

(Just a bit of an off-topic interlude there!)

Pretty Conclusive Numbers There Then.

Yet more crap from geoffrey.

Nissan is Britains most successful car manufacturer and for every single job it creates in the factory, it creates 3 more jobs in the local area with the suppliers. I cannot substantiate the job share at Toyota just down the road from me but know for a fact that there are many companies expanding in the Burton and Derby area who supply them.

Swindon and Deeside have Honda who again have local companies working with them. What about Ford, oh no. I forgot, his glorious Unions almost closed Dagenham Halewood and Bridgend. Where is most of the profitable Ford group now, oh yes owned by Tata in India. British Leyland by China

Nissan is Britains most successful car manufacturer and for every single job it creates in the factory, it creates 3 more jobs in the local area with the suppliers. I cannot substantiate the job share at Toyota just down the road from me but know for a fact that there are many companies expanding in the Burton and Derby area who supply them.

Before we go down the usual road of unions for/against.
I only mentioned the likes of Nissan Honda etc to make the point that they only settled in the UK because the UK was part of Europe and they would have free access to all of the EU without trade barriers/ quotas etc.
If we were to leave the EU then we could no longer offer that benefit and they would possibly relocate, with the resultant loss of thousands of jobs.

S80RTE:
I believe that we should follow the example of Australia i.e. Q. Do WE need you ? A. (1) Yes, Well come on in then. (2) No, Clear Off somewhere else. Simple

That’s the criteria they apply to British people but I’ve heard, contrary to popular belief, they accept refugees in the same way that the UK does.

Saaamon:

Carryfast:

8wheels:

Try telling that to anyone who worked at the Peugeot plant in Coventry, and countless other jobs that have been exported to cheap eastern block countries.

del949:

Before we go down the usual road of unions for/against.
I only mentioned the likes of Nissan Honda etc to make the point that they only settled in the UK because the UK was part of Europe and they would have free access to all of the EU without trade barriers/ quotas etc.
If we were to leave the EU then we could no longer offer that benefit and they would possibly relocate, with the resultant loss of thousands of jobs.

This is also not the case, just because we pull out doesn’t mean we don’t trade, do you honestly think, that if we pulled out the likes of BMW or French wine exporters would stop trading with us, of course not, in the same way we would still trade with them, but without the nonsence that goes with it.

and do you really think that if we pulled out and the EU continued in recession that they wouldn’t put up import barriers/tariffs ?