Reeves at Smithfield mkt

Just a quickie!!!
Heading here for 1st time in the morning, any clues on best way in? And which bit to go too?
any info greatly appreciated chaps and chapesess…

If you are coming from the north then straight down the A1 from the west then along the A40, ideally t is best to get in there before 2 in the morning, realise this post is a bit late for that now, if you get in the night before then Bobby will unload and deliver your pallet from one of the central areas for a fee of £20. The place is absolute mayhem throughout the night with all the vans in there think it starts to improve around 7 in the morning, Bobby won’t be around in the morning so you will need to find Reeves and get them to tip it best option will probably be to stop short and walk in and find Reeves and see about tipping, if you just drive straight in then try to find them guarantee that when you come back to the lorry you will be blocked in by a transit or two

As Mazzer says really. London congestion charge applies from 7am, so the place is a lot quieter from about 6.30am onwards. If arriving before 6.30am, park up a bit away and walk in first I think. Unless they moved, Reeves is inside the market, near where Charterhouse St and Lindsey St meet, if you see what I mean. If coming from the North, then go A1 all the way to Barbican tube station, turn right onto Long Lane. Park somewhere on Long Lane (not on the zig zags) and you are 2 mins walk from Reeves. Smithfield Caff on Long Lane is popular with the market staff and cabbies and is open 24/7.

Cheers chaps… got there at 0020 and was away an hour later… its character building to say the least and it didnt cost me anything to tip.!! Reeves was bay 9… though i tipped on lindsey street… not in a rush to do it again…