Reed Boardall

Okay heres a question for you all, i was working for Reed Boardall about 14 Months ago then i fell foul of a bloke there (Graham Cornwell) Transport Manager and got sacked over something i didn’t do and i couldn’t prove otherwise. Using a mobile phone while driving in the outside lane of the M1, By the the way my phone is blue tooth hands free.
So the question is Does Graham Cornwell still work there? will he remember me
So the question is Could i reapply for a job there?
I would like to go back there because i enjoyed the the work.
All answers welcome

Hi buddy, yes he does still work there, as do I. You have nothing to lose phoning him direct and asking the question. At the moment they are desperate for drivers thebeardedone

I had an interview with him about 5? years ago, and left half way through the interview because I of the opinion I developed of him. I’d have to be desperate to work for blokes like him

All answers welcome…

So you were used as a scapegoat due to them sacking you without evidence or you weren’t worth fighting for in the first place?

That’s how I would see it if you presented that to me and you are going to try and present that to the very guy who sacked you!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

They got big shiny 500s…

Which you can drive for peanuts.

I did two night shifts for them… we fell out big time on the third due to them being ‘economical’ with the truth.

Just goes to show how opinions vary…no personal experience of the company. However (wait for it…) my mate works for them - been there a bit now & he says it’s great - good money, decent drops, good tackle (new FH after a few months ‘probationary period’). He does put the hours/shifts/mileage in mind. He’s tramping all week.

Couldn’t fault the RB driver who gave me a lift to the frozen bays this winter from the goods in office at Livingston top bloke!!
Spoke very good English too which is a rarity!!!

And you’re a braver bloke than me. if they’d done the dirty on me I’d never go back.

THeDark51d3:
while driving in the outside lane of the M1

Go on…

Digress, I’m listening.

yourhavingalarf:

THeDark51d3:
while driving in the outside lane of the M1

Go on…

Digress, I’m listening.

I think you will find he was trolling along in the outside lane!

Trampers can be expected to give up there cab for a night man if delivering back to base as your last load etc if your not local (which most trampers won’t be, therefore you’ll be given an out of service unit to sleep in etc).

Generally pay peanuts too (you’ll come out with what looks like a decent wage but will doing max hours and out all week for it).

The work is generally very easy, not much multi-drop unusually just loads to rdc’s and collections back to base. Equipment is good, all completely legal operationally and defects generally sorted straight away etc.

They are always looking for drivers and have been like so for years so should tell you all you need to know. Avoid unless a last resort.

Heard rumours that they exp.drivers to self insure ?

europleb:
Heard rumours that they exp.drivers to self insure ?

I had an interview there in 2010 and they said any knocks you have which you are at fault for, they will bill you for the damage and deduct money from you weekly until paid back to them

mick.mh2racing:
I had an interview with him about 5? years ago, and left half way through the interview because I of the opinion I developed of him. I’d have to be desperate to work for blokes like him

Haha I wasn’t the only one then. I also walked out of an interview there.