Reed Boardall

Does any member work or have recently for Reed Boardall? Looking to get back into driving (tramping) after spell out of the industry. Cheers

I’m a casual driver for Reeds. They always have plenty of work on and a shortage of drivers. I wonder why?[emoji848]

You ll get max hours that’s for sure. Money always in the bank tho without fail.

read on here a while ago they’re ok to work for but just be in the know that almost every other lorry you pass on the road, the driver will be paid more than you.

I believe trampers cab hop too, you don’t get “your” own unit.

Trampers also receive the princely sum of £1 per hour LESS than day trippers. Now there’s an incentive!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128350&hilit=reed+boardall

stuart:
Does any member work or have recently for Reed Boardall? Looking to get back into driving (tramping) after spell out of the industry. Cheers

You live in Wakefield?? I think there are better firms round here rather than travel to reed boardall

rocketsquadron:
You ll get max hours that’s for sure. Money always in the bank tho without fail.

Dead mans shoes then :unamused:

Always been well-known as low payers (drivers do long hours to earn a good wage). I’ll say good kit (unallocated mainly) and a clean job are the only upsides.

Thanks for the replies gents, think that’s one to cross off my list. There are numerous firms my way it’s just a matter of weeding out the good from the bad.

Langdons at Dodworth are after drivers. Not sure if any tramping jobs tho?

stuart:
Thanks for the replies gents, think that’s one to cross off my list. There are numerous firms my way it’s just a matter of weeding out the good from the bad.

How about Gee’s of Wakefield? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
Trampers also receive the princely sum of £1 per hour LESS than day trippers. Now there’s an incentive!

And they pull a lot of double deckers too .

mbax81:

No tramping jobs out of there mate. Think it’s either 4 on 4 off or 5 on 3 off salary. You may get the odd night out if you trunk down to Bridgewater depot or a few nights out if you go down there and work out of the Bridgewater depot for a few days.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

mbax81:

No tramping jobs out of there mate. Think it’s either 4 on 4 off or 5 on 3 off salary. You may get the odd night out if you trunk down to Bridgewater depot or a few nights out if you go down there and work out of the Bridgewater depot for a few days.

Couple of trampers based there mate. Offering Mon-Fri or 5-3 at moment. Can get odd night out if get a Scottish run, then reload out of Scotland depot, or London and relaod Luton depot etc. 99% of work is day work.

Suedehead:

rocketsquadron:

Dead mans shoes then :unamused:

Times have changed, Dead man’s flip flops :laughing: