Reduction in weekly rest

does the 36hr reduction in weekly rest still count or have the laws change :confused:or is it min 45hrs or 24 away from base
havent payed much attention to weekly rest as i do 4on 4off but reading up on the regs online it didnt say about the 36 reduction

it is either 45 hours or 24 hours

the 36 hour rule was abolished in April 2007

the 24 hours can even be at base now

swansea jack:
does the 36hr reduction in weekly rest still count or have the laws change :confused:or is it min 45hrs or 24 away from base
havent payed much attention to weekly rest as i do 4on 4off but reading up on the regs online it didnt say about the 36 reduction

The 36 hour weekly rest is gone.

Anything less than 45 hours is a reduced weekly rest.
24 hours is the minimum and it makes no difference
where you are, home or away.

Regards,
Nick.

swansea jack:

The weekly rest requirements are that a regular weekly rest of 45 consecutive hours must be taken each week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday), this can be reduced to no less than 24 hours and the amount that the weekly rest is reduced by should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest was taken.

In any two consecutive weeks you must have either two regular weekly rest periods of 45 hours each, or at least one regular 45 hour weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period.

In other words you can reduce the weekly rest period to no less than 24 hours every second week as long as you will be able to compensate for the reduction by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest was taken.

edit:

Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs - see page 22