Reduction in daily rest

Hi all,

I know you can reduce your daily rest 3 times per week from 11 to 9 hours.

But can you do this on consecutive days. i seem to recall reading it somewhere that you couldn’t.

Or have I imagined it :slight_smile:

can someone put me right on this?

Cheers

migs69:
Hi all,

But can you do this on consecutive days. i seem to recall reading it somewhere that you couldn’t.

Cheers

You can reduce your daily rest to no less than nine hours three times between weekly rest periods, and yes you can have reduced daily rests on consecutive days :wink:

tachograph:

migs69:
Hi all,

Cheers

You can reduce your daily rest to no less than nine hours three times between weekly rest periods, and yes you can have reduced daily rests on consecutive days :wink:

Your right tacho, I just read up myself and VOSA dont state whether you can or cant do consecutive days on reduced break, only aslong as it’s between two weekly rest breaks. Well atleast I know that RPL was right on atleast one piece of the rules and regs, pity about the rest of it.

There have been a few posts recently posing this same question - “can three 9 hour reduced daily rest periods be done in a row?” - anyone know why :question:

ROG:
There have been a few posts recently posing this same question - “can three 9 hour reduced daily rest periods be done in a row?” - anyone know why :question:

simple there Rog cos it doesn’t you can’t in the regs :stuck_out_tongue:

delboytwo:

ROG:

simple there Rog cos it doesn’t you can’t in the regs :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

It is a popular driver’s myth, and part of the MMTM(©) regulations, that you can’t and is often heard spouted in waiting rooms and cafes by drivers who have never read the regulations. It’s right up there with the you can’t take a reduced daily rest at home myth.

Coffeeholic:
MMTM(©)

getting some credo there mate for that one :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
part of the MMTM(©) regulations

I am having trouble finding a link to those regs - can anyone help me…

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

there in the draw of the boss who thinks he knows the regs or should i say the mate :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

They are verbal rules only and readily available in any place where drivers congregate - truckstops, bars, ferries, the train and RDC’s.

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Coffeeholic:
They are verbal rules only and readily available in any place where drivers congregate - truckstops, bars, ferries, the train and RDC’s.

Are they also available in some TMs offices :question:

ROG:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Coffeeholic:

Freely available in many TM’s desk drawers too :laughing:

ROG:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Coffeeholic:

No not usually. They work to a different set of rules* called the IRYWBYAD(©).

They don’t have mates :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT
who would want to take a reduced break at home :smiley: