Reduced weekly rest

Good afternoon ,
I am new on here & in need of a little help.
I’m pretty sure I can’t do this but I have been told a i can.
I worked 5 shifts then reduced rest to 36 hrs, I then have just worked 6 shifts & am now on my weekly rest. Now the thing is I have been told I can reduce again & work 6 shifts again …
I’m 99.9% sure this cannot be done.

You really do need a full weekly rest every other week although you can have 2 reduced weekly rests on the trot if they are both in the same week. Also i’m sure you are aware but you need to repay any hours lost by the end of the 3rd week in question.

bald bloke:
You really do need a full weekly rest every other week although you can have 2 reduced weekly rests on the trot if they are both in the same week. Also i’m sure you are aware but you need to repay any hours lost by the end of the 3rd week in question.

Cheers mate,
Yes sure, I know about repaying reductions etc. with WTD & eu rules etc things just seem to change so much…
I worked tue - sat, then 36 off & then worked mon - sat, this is nights btw, I am now on weekly rest after finishing at 6am this morning.
As far as I’m aware I cannot reduce again to work mon - sat again.

Possibility you could do this as a one off but would need to know what the previous weekly rests were over that last few weeks/months and if they all included sunday midnight

ROG:
Possibility you could do this as a one off but would need to know what the previous weekly rests were over that last few weeks/months and if they all included sunday midnight

Hi Rog,
Ok. For the last 6 weeks I have been working tue - sat (nights) x 5 & then had weekly rest of approx 60 hrs.
Hope this helps
Kevin

Kevcollyer:

ROG:

Hi Rog,
Ok. For the last 6 weeks I have been working tue - sat (nights) x 5 & then had weekly rest of approx 60 hrs.
Hope this helps
Kevin

Not really … I was looking for a rest period of at least 69 hours off in one go so that it could be used as two weekly rests - one full and one reduced
90 hours off in one go would be better

bald bloke:
You really do need a full weekly rest every other week

^^^
There’s the answer right there.

Mike-C:

bald bloke:

^^^

I thought that was correct (been truck driving for in excess of 25 years) just didn’t want to argue with Tm before being positive incase he knew something I didn’t.
Thanks

Mike-C:

bald bloke:

^^^

Generally correct in saying it that way for simplicity

A regular weekly rest needs to be in and assigned to at least every other week - would be a better way of saying it and therefore allows for other possible options

An example of where it seems two reduced weekly rests in a row are done …

Driver does 5 nights a week every week all are mon to fri nights so every weekend the driver has a regular 45+ weekly rest

That means every weekly rest includes sunday midnight so can be used for the week before or the week after it was taken - but not both

Driver had 4 off at easter making a total rest period of over 90 hours so can count at two regular weekly rests back to back with the first 45 used for the week before easter and the last 45 used for the week after easter

The driver now has the weekly rest at the start of the week and not at the end of the week

Some weeks down the line the driver takes two weekends as reduced weekly rests

Now move the weekly rests to the end of the week

That leaves one reduced weekly rest not assigned to be the weekly rest for any week so does not need compensating for

Easter = 90+ hours off so regular 45 for week before and week after
All weekly rests are now at start of every week
reduced done at start of a week and reduced done at end of the same week
The week with the reduced rests at each end is the week when the rest changes from start to end
That means that week has two reduced weekly rests but only one is needed
The one not needed does not need compensating for
Most would use the first reduced and then use any hours over 24 in the second as payback for the first providing enough hours were available to pay it off in one go

There we have two reduced weekly rests done in a row quite legally

ROG:

Driver does 5 nights a week every week all are mon to fri nights so every weekend the driver has a regular 45+ weekly rest

That means every weekly rest includes sunday midnight so can be used for the week before or the week after it was taken - but not both

Driver had 4 off at easter making a total rest period of over 90 hours so can count at two regular weekly rests back to back with the first 45 used for the week before easter and the last 45 used for the week after easter

The driver now has the weekly rest at the start of the week and not at the end of the week

That leaves one reduced weekly rest not assigned to be the weekly rest for any week so does not need compensating for

The week with the reduced rests at each end is the week when the rest changes from start to end
Most would use the first reduced and then use any hours over 24 in the second as payback for the first providing enough hours were available to pay it off in one go

ROG, be honest with me. I know back to back rests are your latest wheeze, but do you sometimes sit there with a big reefer and think …“i know it wasn’t the question asked, but i’ll demonstrate [my latest wheeze] to them” ?
How you came out with all that when it was answered in the very first post is beyond me.

Mike-C:

ROG:

ROG, be honest with me. I know back to back rests are your latest wheeze, but do you sometimes sit there with a big reefer and think …“i know it wasn’t the question asked, but i’ll demonstrate [my latest wheeze] to them” ?
How you came out with all that when it was answered in the very first post is beyond me.

mike it’s quiet easy how he came out with that but i may get put premod if i tell you .

Kevcollyer:
Good afternoon ,
I am new on here & in need of a little help.
I’m pretty sure I can’t do this but I have been told a i can.
I worked 5 shifts then reduced rest to 36 hrs, I then have just worked 6 shifts & am now on my weekly rest. Now the thing is I have been told I can reduce again & work 6 shifts again …
I’m 99.9% sure this cannot be done.

Mike-C:

bald bloke:

The first reply did not fully answer the question asked - if it had done then I would not be posting what I did

ROG:
The first reply did not fully answer the question asked - if it had done then I would not be posting what I did

It did fully answer the question. You where hoping to, and indeed did, demonstrate your latest wheeze of how you can do this and that with a back to back rest. Maybe you could consider asking people to email you their whole work record for the last six months then you could give a more fuller answer !!! (i may regret saying that).
Anyway, sorry to side track the thread, i just thought it should be said that you don’t half post some useless bollox.