reduced weekly rest

Just a quiuck question
Last weekend i worked an extra shifrt on the saturday,so my weekly rest was 36 hours, so i owe 9 hours
This week i worked saturday again,and my weekly rest wil be 43 1/2 hours,cani work next saturday or do i need to make up my 9 hours from the previous week,
I know the reduced rest has to be made up at the end of the third week,but is it the week that it happened or from the start of the next week,dosnt make sense but hopefully someone understands,
regards
tonyb

I assume you’re back on the road in which case you should have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period this week.

In any two consecutive weeks you should have at least one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period, you cannot legally have only two reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks.

In other words you must have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at least every second week, so to be legal you will need to start 1 1/2 hours later than usual on Monday.

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

no, you can’t work next saturday, unless you have the monday off

I am sure one of the experts will be along soon.
In my view, assuming you have just worked Monday to Saturday twice in a row, you need to have 45 hours weekly rest this weekend and unless you do, you will have had insufficient weekly rest.

Regards,
Nick

this next weekend my weekly rest will be 72 hours.so all compensation will be more than repaid,
Or have i already done wrong by working 2 weekends on the trot and reducing both

i would say youve done wrong as you say youve reduced two on the trot .the way i understand it is in any two consecutive weeks u must have a 45h ie every other week have 45h

tonyb70:
this next weekend my weekly rest will be 72 hours.so all compensation will be more than repaid,
Or have i already done wrong by working 2 weekends on the trot and reducing both

Assuming that the weekends are the only weekly rest periods you have then you need a regular 45 hour weekly rest period this weekend.
The fact that you will have 72 hours off next weekend makes no difference because you will have had only reduced weekly rest periods for two consecutive weeks.

As I said you need to start work 1.5 hours late on Monday to make this a regular 45 hour weekly rest period :wink:

ncooper:
I am sure one of the experts will be along soon.
In my view, assuming you have just worked Monday to Saturday twice in a row, you need to have 45 hours weekly rest this weekend and unless you do, you will have had insufficient weekly rest.

Regards,
Nick

Tachograph is one of the experts :laughing:

Sorry, we cannot use that word on here. Tachograph is one we can rely on :wink:

tonyb70:
Just a quiuck question
Last weekend i worked an extra shifrt on the saturday,so my weekly rest was 36 hours, so i owe 9 hours
This week i worked saturday again,and my weekly rest wil be 43 1/2 hours,cani work next saturday or do i need to make up my 9 hours from the previous week,
I know the reduced rest has to be made up at the end of the third week,but is it the week that it happened or from the start of the next week,dosnt make sense but hopefully someone understands,
regards
tonyb

You must have 45 hours this week, not 43½, otherwise you will have an infringement.

Yes you can work next Saturday.

You don’t need to make up the 9 hours owing from last week next week, you have another week to do that. The reduction has to be made before the end of the third week following the reduction, which for week ending the 2nd October is midnight on the 23rd October.

thanks for the replies,its helped to clear it up
i thouught i could reduce two weeks on the trot then make it ub before the end of the 3rd week,whoch i thought would be next weekend,
I doubt i will get an infringement as i’m a yard shunter,so i dont use a tacho mon-fri,and my analsy sheets just say yard work on them,
well i hope i dont anyway,

tonyb70:
thanks for the replies,its helped to clear it up
i thouught i could reduce two weeks on the trot then make it ub before the end of the 3rd week,whoch i thought would be next weekend,
I doubt i will get an infringement as i’m a yard shunter,so i dont use a tacho mon-fri,and my analsy sheets just say yard work on them,
well i hope i dont anyway,

If you drive under EU rules on the Saturday then all your shunting Monday to Friday is other work for the tacho rules and you have to observe daily rest periods on the day you drive under EU rules and weekly rest periods. If you don’t take 45 hours this week you will be committing an offence. If you don’t get an infringement your tacho analysis firm aren’t up to much and VOSA will certainly see it as an infringement regardless.