Reduced weekly rest

Help :blush:
The question goes like this :smiley:
I finished work at 6:30pm yesterday and will be back at it 4:00am tomorrow morning so thats 33.5 hours break, (call it 33 cos even is easy!)
Now am I right in thinking and the reading up I have been doing that anything under 45 hours has to be paid back within a 3 week period?

so 33 hours is 12 hours shy of 45
45 + 12 = 57

do I need a 57 hour break within the next 3 weeks? is what im thinking :unamused: and if so is it possible to reduce my weekly rest again between now and the 3 week time period or must I make sure that I have the full 45 hours :question:

Or am I just coming at this at totaly the wrong angle cos if im honest this lorry driving has me questioning my own sanity sometime! :laughing:

Hi mate, im no expert but i think that you must have the full 45 next week, then pay back what ever you owe by the end of the followig week. hope it helps.

N WALES TRUCKER:
Hi mate, im no expert but i think that you must have the full 45 next week, then pay back what ever you owe by the end of the followig week. hope it helps.

Thats whats im thinking to, thanks, :smiley:

total madness:
Help :blush:
The question goes like this :smiley:
I finished work at 6:30pm yesterday and will be back at it 4:00am tomorrow morning so thats 33.5 hours break, (call it 33 cos even is easy!)
Now am I right in thinking and the reading up I have been doing that anything under 45 hours has to be paid back within a 3 week period?

so 33 hours is 12 hours shy of 45
45 + 12 = 57

do I need a 57 hour break within the next 3 weeks? is what im thinking :unamused: and if so is it possible to reduce my weekly rest again between now and the 3 week time period or must I make sure that I have the full 45 hours :question:

Or am I just coming at this at totaly the wrong angle cos if im honest this lorry driving has me questioning my own sanity sometime! :laughing:

En Bloc is the key.

In any two consecutive weeks a driver shall take at least:
– two regular weekly rest periods, or
– one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly
rest period of at least 24 hours.

However, the reduction
shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest
taken en bloc before the end of the third week following
the week in question.

Example as I understand it

Week one. 49 hours
Week two. 32.5 hours
Week three. 45 hours
Week four. 37 hours
Week five. 65.5 hours

:unamused: Its all a conspiracy I tell ya :exclamation:

You can take another reduced rest before making the compensation for this weeks reduced weekly rest but next week will have to be at least a 45 hours rest. You have until the end of the third week following the rest to make up those 11.5 hours, so you must have made the compensation before the week ending 6th February. You can add it to any rest period of at least 9 hours so you don’t necessarily have to take a 56.5 hour break, you could add it to a daily rest although that might not be possible, or to another reduced weekly rest,

For example if next week you finish Friday evening and resume on Monday morning that will be somewhere around 60 hours and the compensation will be dealt with. Probably the easiest way if you are a bit unsure of the regs on this.

Or, if you don’t get enough time next week then the following week if you again took 45 hours that could be a reduced rest of 33.5 + 11.5 hours compensation, leaving you another 3 weeks to pay back that reduction. Any reduced rest of at least 35.5 hours would pay these 11.5 hours back, 24 hours reduced rest + 11.5 hours compensation.

Cheers for that one Coffeeholic, :smiley:
I might take a while to sink in but its ticking upstairs so Im sure I will make sense of it it all :laughing:

How do you fit all this in your head :confused:

total madness:

The regulations are not very long and really not that complicated when you read ALL of them and don’t miss bits out and then listen to RDC lawyers. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

total madness:

The regulations are not very long and really not that complicated when you read ALL of them and don’t miss bits out and then listen to RDC lawyers. :wink:

Think I have finally cracked it :sunglasses:
Thanks a lot :wink: