Reduced weekly rest

I reduced my weekly rest last week to 35 hours my understanding is i need to add 10 hours pay back to my next 45 but a fellow driver has told me a 35 is classed as a 24 hour reduced rest

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
I reduced my weekly rest last week to 35 hours my understanding is i need to add 10 hours pay back to my next 45 but a fellow driver has told me a 35 is classed as a 24 hour reduced rest

You need to pay back 10 hours to your next one or the one after.

Basically:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Compensated rest
Week of work

Or:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Normal rest, 45
Week of work
Compensated rest

One of the grown ups will probably explain it in better detail, but you’ll need to pay back 10 hours, not 21.

A.

Adonis.:

mdourish:

Basically:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Compensated rest
Week of work

Or:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Normal rest, 45
Week of work
Compensated rest

One of the grown ups will probably explain it in better detail, but you’ll need to pay back 10 hours, not 21.

A.

That’s how I worked it adding 10 back but the driver was adamant I need to add 21 as a 35 is classed as a 24

mdourish:

Adonis.:

mdourish:

Basically:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Compensated rest
Week of work

Or:

Reduced rest
Week of work
Normal rest, 45
Week of work
Compensated rest

A.

That’s how I worked it adding 10 back but the driver was adamant I need to add 21 as a 35 is classed as a 24

He was wrong…You were right…10 to pay back

Christ. On one hand we have drivers wanting to be treated like pro’s and paid accordingly.

On the other, we have some plankton who thinks 35 hrs off is the same as 24. :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Christ. On one hand we have drivers wanting to be treated like pro’s and paid accordingly.

On the other, we have some plankton who thinks 35 hrs off is the same as 24. :laughing:

Err 1+1=3 don’t it ? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

And dozy will be on later asking if ironing his shirt for court next week counts as other work! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

eagerbeaver:

And dozy will be on later asking if ironing his shirt for court next week counts as other work! :grimacing:

I thought he was opting for the more casual look? Footie shirts don`t need ironing do they?

Orange jump suit and leg irons. On his way to play pool with Limeyphil.

Evil8Beezle:

eagerbeaver:

On the other, we have some plankton who thinks 35 hrs off is the same as 24. [emoji38]

Is it classed as other work or break while there deciding his fate [emoji3]

mdourish:

Evil8Beezle:

eagerbeaver:

On the other, we have some plankton who thinks 35 hrs off is the same as 24. [emoji38]

Is it classed as other work or break while there deciding his fate [emoji3]

If the judge tells him how long the jury are to retire to decide the verdict, he can book it as poa.

mdourish:

Just to add weight to what’s already been said, you need to pay back 10 hours. Your colleague is a plank. Refer him to VOSA!

mdourish:

As has been said you need to pay back 10 hours.

Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by adding it onto any rest period of at-least 9 hours, and it should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

TiredAndEmotional:
Your colleague is a plank. Refer him to Trucknet.

No…

FFS don’t do that!

Do we really need another ‘my boss say’s I can drive for 13 hours solid every 3rd Wednesday’?

I’ve changed it to something more suitable! :slight_smile:

LOL…

I see what you did there.

Result!

eagerbeaver:

Classic quote. Brilliant.

But would “plankton” cover the driver who says that you can’t sit in the Drivers seat on a break?

Maigret:

eagerbeaver:

Classic quote. Brilliant.

But would “plankton” cover the driver who says that you can’t sit in the Drivers seat on a break?

Don’t jest. In New Zealand that is the case.

TiredAndEmotional:

mdourish:

Just to add weight to what’s already been said, you need to pay back 10 hours. Your colleague is a plank. Refer him to VOSA!

Yep that should keep him occupied for hours trying to find a VOSA office. :laughing: