REDUCED WEEKLY BREAK.

Evening all, I’ve just had (Sat/Sun) a reduced weekly break of 24 hours. After the 24 hour break I drove 8 hours 45 minutes home as instructed by my boss. He called me today (Mon) and told me to continue my break at home but DON’T start driving again until I’ve had another 24 hour break.
Am I correct in saying that my Week started on Sunday and basically the 24 hours I’ve just had at home does not count towards the 21 hours that I owe to make a full 45 hour break?
As I understand I must give the 21 hours back only on top of a full 45 hour break.
Thanks for any replies/advice.

You are half right, you cannot add two reduced rests together to make a full rest for the week in question. However, the reduction does not have to be compensated for by being added to a weekly rest period, you can add it to a 9 hour rest period.

Harry Monk:
You are half right, you cannot add two reduced rests together to make a full rest for the week in question. However, the reduction does not have to be compensated for by being added to a weekly rest period, you can add it to a 9 hour rest period.

Thanks for the reply Harry. Am I right in saying it must be given back as a whole block (ie a 9 hour break plus the 21 hours owed)?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

barrykam:

Harry Monk:

Thanks for the reply Harry. Am I right in saying it must be given back as a whole block (ie a 9 hour break plus the 21 hours owed)?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes that’s correct

Or another way is take a 45 one week, then a 24 the following week then a 45 +whats owed, depends on how your boss wants to work it.