Reduced rest?

Hi shep,
The cpc guy was saying that when you have your taco on break through the day that time counts as WTD, only poa doesn’t count as WTD.
What a load of ■■■■■■ All the other blokes in the room where agreeing saying that they’ll just use poa from now on, and I was saying just leave it on break for how ever long, neither count towards your WTD time.

tackleberry:
I’m going to throw in a question too :slight_smile:

First shift 5:00 to 17.45
Rest 9.45hrs
second shift 3.30 to 18.00
Rest 15 hrs
third shift 9am.

On the example above would you say you had one or two reduced rests? As work in 24 hour periods, the first 1.5 of the second shift reduces rest but then you have 11 hrs rest in the next 24 period to 5am. Or do you take it from 3.30 on the second day and thus losing another 9 hr?

what do people think?

As shep532 said there are two reduced daily rest periods.

A new period of 24 hours starts when you finish your daily rest period, or when you start a new shift, the period of 24 hours isn’t a fixed 24 hours it’s a maximum of 24 hours.

On the first day you work from 05:00 to 17:45, on the second day you start work at 03:30 so you start a new period of 24 hours at 03:30, at that time the first 24 hour period is spent, you’ve started a new period of 24 hours which ends no later than 03:30 the following day, but it will finish earlier if you start work before 03:30 the next day.

Any rest that falls outside of the period of 24 hours from the start of the shift does not count towards the daily rest period.
On the second day you’ve started work at 03:30 and this is when a new period of 24 hours begins, so you must have completed a daily rest period by no later than 03:30 the following day, you finished at 18:00, form 18:00 to 03:30 is 9½ hours and that’s all that counts towards the daily rest period.
The fact that you had 15 hours rest makes no difference, only the part of the rest that falls within the 24 hour period counts towards the daily rest period.

Forrestgrump:
Hi shep,
The cpc guy was saying that when you have your taco on break through the day that time counts as WTD, only poa doesn’t count as WTD.
What a load of [zb]. All the other blokes in the room where agreeing saying that they’ll just use poa from now on, and I was saying just leave it on break for how ever long, neither count towards your WTD time.

I guess that shows that the trainer didn’t know what he was on about! Makes a joke of DCPC. Contact the DVSA and report them - I would.

When (if) someone disagrees with something I am saying I will always get the GV 262 or PSV 375 out and show what it says in there and my reasoning behind what I am telling them. This usually does the trick and shows what I am saying is correct or alternatively shows I am wrong and the driver/s are right.

I got 30 mins after 6 hours from my CPC dude last lesson. Wort thing is, every single driver agreed with him and ganged up on me.

I still refused to back down. Too bad I didn’t have GV262 on me at the time, left my phone in my car.

I’m not one to be cocky, and I don’t like know it all ■■■■■, but sometimes you think, ’ if you can’t understand the rules 100% don’t teach cpc’ the same guy at the beginning said ’ I’m only a driver really and don’t know everything’ well what the ■■■■ can you teach me then!
I’m open to been taught something I don’t know, but only by someone who knows it.

Cheers for the feedback, clears up that question. Onwards and upwards :slight_smile: