Reduced rest

Hi,

Currently doing 4 on 4 off

If I work Friday , Saturday , Sunday (and Monday) at the max 15 hrs taking 3 reduced rest periods for the Fri,Sat &Sun for that working week, on the Monday can I still do another 15 hour with another reduced rest as it’s the start of a new week?

Thanks.

DSR:
Hi,

If I work Friday , Saturday , Sunday (and Monday) at the max 15 hrs taking 3 reduced rest periods for the Fri,Sat &Sun for that working week, on the Monday can I still do another 15 hour with another reduced rest as it’s the start of a new week?

Thanks.

NO

The rule is max 3 reduced rests between any two weekly rest periods

You cannot legally have another reduced daily rest period on Monday, but if you can manage to have at-least 3 consecutive hours rest during the shift you can do another 15 hour shift.

Of course whether or not that’s a possibility depends on your job.

ROG:

DSR:
Hi,

Thanks.

NO

The rule is max 3 reduced rests between any two weekly rest periods

so rog, as long as he’s not done any since last sun ( fixed week, sun to sun ) he would of worked Sunday! And had mon, tues, weds and Thursday. Off. So yes he can have a 15 and a nine off! As long as the following weekend he only has two 15s and 2 9s off Saturday and Sunday in the FIXED week ( sun to Sunday. ) :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
so rog, as long as he’s not done any since last sun ( fixed week, sun to sun ) he would of worked Sunday! And had mon, tues, weds and Thursday. Off. So yes he can have a 15 and a nine off! As long as the following weekend he only has two 15s and 2 9s off Saturday and Sunday in the FIXED week ( sun to Sunday. ) :grimacing:

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods not 3 per fixed week.

Legal example

sat weekly rest
sun weekly rest
mon
tue reduced daily rest
wed
thu reduced daily rest
fri reduced daily rest
sat weekly rest
sun reduced daily rest
mon reduced daily rest
tue reduced daily rest
wed weekly rest
thu reduced daily rest
fri reduced daily rest
sat reduced daily rest
sun weekly rest
mon weekly rest

Thanks all for answers didn’t realise reduced rest worked either side of weekly rest thought it was standard working week

Just to throw another spanner in…

Basically days worked this week
This week
Fri 13th 15h reduced rest
Sat 14th 14h30 reduced rest
Sun 15th 12 hour reg rest

New week

Mon 16th
Does it have to be a 13hr Max with regular rest or can I get a 15h in with reduced rest ?

Cheers

DSR:
This week

New week

Mon 16th
Does it have to be a 13hr Max with regular rest or can I get a 15h in with reduced rest ?

If you’ve done a 12 hour shift today and will be having a daily rest period of at-least 11 hours you can have a reduced daily rest period on Monday.

tachograph:

DSR:
This week

New week

Mon 16th

If you’ve done a 12 hour shift today and will be having a daily rest period of at-least 11 hours you can have a reduced daily rest period on Monday.

Cheers

As I think I may need it :smiley:

DSR:
Thanks all for answers didn’t realise reduced rest worked either side of weekly rest thought it was standard working week

Just to throw another spanner in…

This week

New week

Mon 16th

Cheers

You answered this question in the first paragraph!
Yes you can do a reduced daily rest as you will have so far done only two since your last weekly rest.

So is this rule the same for the 10 hour drive only do 2 between weekly rest or does this reset for the working week mon - sun?

Cheers

DSR:
So is this rule the same for the 10 hour drive only do 2 between weekly rest or does this reset for the working week mon - sun?

You can do 2 extended driving shifts per fixed week.

• 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.
  • 2 x 10 hours drives per week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday)

It’s daft that the 2 regulations are reset at different times rather than both being reset after a weekly rest period, but that’s the way it is I’m afraid.

This has reared its ugly head many times on here. For clarity, the reduced rests are between weekly rests, regardless of shift patterns. It’s possible to do 6 within 7 calendar days, without the need for a split break, provided you’ve had a sufficient weekly rest between the third and fourth. The 10 hour drive is twice in the fixed week between 0000 Monday, and 2359 Sunday. Once again, regardless of shift pattern. And it’s perfectly legal to do 4 tens between weekly rests, provided that only two happen in a fixed week. HTH

OVLOV JAY:
This has reared its ugly head many times on here. For clarity, the reduced rests are between weekly rests, regardless of shift patterns. It’s possible to do 6 within 7 calendar days, without the need for a split break, provided you’ve had a sufficient weekly rest between the third and fourth. The 10 hour drive is twice in the fixed week between 0000 Monday, and 2359 Sunday. Once again, regardless of shift pattern. And it’s perfectly legal to do 4 tens between weekly rests, provided that only two happen in a fixed week. HTH

Cleared that up for me.

Cheers