Reduced Rest period

If your on a Mon_Friday contract and you have a day holiday or sick in the week lets say 26 hours does that count as a reduced break

I’m pretty sure it does, and when you’re off at the weekend it will likely compensate.

When I’ve had a day off and checked the fta website, it’s logged as a reduced weekly rest.

Yup, as long as you have the scope to reduce a weekly rest period any rest of +24 hours can count if you so desire.

My understanding of sick and WTD or driving hours is counted as a max of 8 hrs per day rest period?

Yes, and if you have had either a full or reduced rest in the same fixed week then it doesn’t need compensating for. However, you can’t add two reduced rests together to make a full rest.

Harry Monk:
Yes, and if you have had either a full or reduced rest in the same fixed week then it doesn’t need compensating for. However, you can’t add two reduced rests together to make a full rest.

^^^This.

Any rest period of 24 hours or more, but less than 45 hours, counts as a reduced weekly rest period.

You can have a number of reduced/regular weekly rests in one week but only one needs to be used as the rest for that week with the others used as extras which do not need compensating for

I had the pleasure of a drivers hours seminar to day and when i pointed this out i was told that as sick days and holidays where counted as 8 hours on the wtd reference period that it didnt count as reduced break cheers guys i new they where wrong but always good to have it seconded as such

bjd:
I had the pleasure of a drivers hours seminar to day and when i pointed this out i was told that as sick days and holidays where counted as 8 hours on the wtd reference period that it didnt count as reduced break cheers guys i new they where wrong but always good to have it seconded as such

Sick days and 4 weeks of your statutory holidays do count as either 8 hours per day or 48 hours per fixed week for the WTD, but they still count as rest for the drivers hours regulations and will qualify as daily/weekly rest periods if they’re long enough to qualify.

bjd:

Those who told you need to learn the difference between EU tacho reg rules and WTD rules

yeh i agree i think the course tutor was having a breakdown by the end of the day as that wasent the only thing he got wrong i wasent deliberately trying to disrupt the course but if its wrong its wrong and it needs saying once again thxs for all your reply’s