Reduced rest on Sunday

If I start work on a Sunday after having 45 hours of and take a reduced daily rest that night (I only had 2 reduced rest ls the previous week) . Can u still use my 3 reduced rests from Monday onwards?

This is what I done this week and initially the card reader flagged it as in infringement. When the boss looked into it he said it isn’t actually an infringement, it was just an error in the software.

However some of the other drivers are certain that it is an infringement.

I started on Sunday at 12pm and worked until 22:30.

You can reduce 3 times between weekly rests, so that’s why you got an infringement.

3 max reduced daily rests between weekly rests - nothing to do with the fixed week

Some rules are fixed week and some are between weekly rests which can get confusing

I have a similar question ,
I start my week on a Friday and finish my week on a Tuesday, so if I start on a Sunday lets say, 7:00 am and finish 19:50pm, and then have to start on Monday at 6:00 am, it is obviously a reduction, but does this reduction need to be added to the week ending that Sunday or to the new week beginning on Monday?

Thanks

if im reading your question right. you are talking about a reduced daily rest. if that is so then you do not need to compensate for a reduce daily rest.

internetfan:
I start my week on a Friday and finish my week on a Tuesday, so if I start on a Sunday lets say, 7:00 am and finish 19:50pm, and then have to start on Monday at 6:00 am, it is obviously a reduction, but does this reduction need to be added to the week ending that Sunday or to the new week beginning on Monday?

Thanks

Neither

Again I repeat what I said earlier - fixed weeks have no bearing on reduced daily rests

MAX 3 REDUCED DAILY RESTS BETWEEN WEEKLY RESTS

In your case you have a regular weekly rest every wed + thu so between wed/thu and the next wed/thu you can have a max of 3 reduced daily rests

internetfan:

Thanks

Neither.
For reduced daily rests " week" means the time between weekly rests and has nothing to do with the fixed week.

1968kg:

internetfan:

Thanks

Neither.
For reduced daily rests " week" means the time between weekly rests and has nothing to do with the fixed week.

Incorrect - WEEK refers to the fixed week - that is how the regs define the word WEEK

Trying to use the term WEEEK for any other purpose when referring to the regs only confuses other issues

so, what would be the answer to my question then?
According to regulations a week starts on Monday 00:00 and finishes on Sunday 24:00.

Rog is the one confusing the issue, I made it clear you can only reduce 3 times between your weekly rests, and they don’t necessarily coincide with the fixed week.

internetfan:
so, what would be the answer to my question then?
According to regulations a week starts on Monday 00:00 and finishes on Sunday 24:00.

Correct - a fixed week does

Reduced daily rests have NOTHING to do with the fixed week or WEEK

You need to forget about the fixed week or week entirely then you will get the rule on reduced daily rests - max 3 between weekly rests

Rog is the one confusing the issue, I made it clear you can only reduce 3 times between your weekly rests, and they don’t necessarily coincide with the fixed week.

I have not confused anything IMO - if I have then please quote where I have?

When you said that I was incorrect.

OK, clear, 3 reductions between weekly rests then.

Lets take a look at this example:

Friday 06:00 - 17:15 (no reduction)
Saturday 06:00 - 20:45 (1st reduction)
Sunday 07:00 - 19:45 (no reduction)
Monday 06:00 - 18:55 (2nd reduction)
Tuesday 07:00 - 20:45 (3rd reduction)

Is this all correct?

internetfan:
OK, clear, 3 reductions between weekly rests then.

Lets take a look at this example:

Friday 06:00 - 17:15 (no reduction)
Saturday 06:00 - 20:45 (1st reduction)
Sunday 07:00 - 19:45 (no reduction)
Monday 06:00 - 18:55 (2nd reduction)
Tuesday 07:00 - 20:45 (3rd reduction)

Is this all correct?

CORRECT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1968kg:

You were - you said WEEK could refer to between weekly rests and I gave an explanation as to why it should not

Thank you for clarifying that ROG and 1968kg

ROG:

internetfan:

1968kg:

You were - you said WEEK could refer to between weekly rests and I gave an explanation as to why it should not

In the context of this thread I explained the “3 reductions” question, by all means elaborate or clarify what was said but by saying “Incorrect” you make it look like everything I posted was wrong.
In any case it appears the OP is sorted now so no harm done by either of us

(P.S I never said WEEK, I said “week”.
Lol!)

1968kg:

ROG:

internetfan:

1968kg:

In the context of this thread I explained the “3 reductions” question, by all means elaborate or clarify what was said but by saying “Incorrect” you make it look like everything I posted was wrong.
In any case it appears the OP is sorted now so no harm done by either of us

Lol!)

I know you did - perhaps the term WORKING WEEK may have been a better option as that is not a term listed in the regs

Lol!)
[/quote]
I know you did - perhaps the term WORKING WEEK may have been a better option as that is not a term listed in the regs
[/quote]
Probably, but all I said if you read it back is that if you are (only) considering reduced daily rests then a “week” is the time between weekly rests and not the same as the fixed week which is the same as you said.

1968kg:
Lol!)

[/quote]
Probably, but all I said if you read it back is that if you are (only) considering reduced daily rests then a “week” is the time between weekly rests and not the same as the fixed week which is the same as you said.
[/quote]
Perhaps its the way I am perceiving what you wrote …

Obviously.
I said that “week” as used be me has nothing to do with fixed week…