Reduced daily rest

Can anyone confirm one way or the other please?

Is it correct that that you can only reduce your daily rest to 9hrs only if you are on nights out? i.e. - if you go home after every shift you must legally take at least 11 hrs. Thanks

londontruck:

Is it correct that that you can only reduce your daily rest to 9hrs only if you are on nights out? i.e. - if you go home after every shift you must legally take at least 11 hrs. Thanks

absolute crap

the answer is NO

Thanks Wheel Nut,

I was told this just only today, it never really had crossed my mind before, thought you could take your 9hr rest 3 times a week in any circumstance.

londontruck:
Thanks Wheel Nut,

I was told this just only today, it never really had crossed my mind before, thought you could take your 9hr rest 3 times a week in any circumstance.

you can take 3 reduced rests in a row, you can take them at home or down the road, you can even take them after an extended 10 hour drive

londontruck:
Thanks Wheel Nut,

You can take your reduced daily rest 3 times between weekly rest periods in any circumstances :wink:

londontruck:

If you work 13 hours and 1 minute then go home you couldn’t legally for an 11 hour break in anyway so next time some idiot tells you this ask them where the rule is which only allows you to work more than 13 hours if you are on a night out. It confuses the hell out of them. :wink:

As I thought thank you, I was on Euro work for a long time and 15 on 9 off was routine for most of the time until the 3 (9hr. rest periods) were used up on that particular working week, actually still kinda new to getting home every day. Some people speak with such authority you know - wasn’t even a TM that said it - just his best mate ! Figures… Cheers, Jay

Is the 3 x reduced daily rests a “week” in a 7 day period, or from 0001 Monday to 2359 Sunday? i.e - if you have 2 reduced rests Saturday and Sunday, could you then have them Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday also because its a new week?

franklin:
Is the 3 x reduced daily rests a “week” in a 7 day period, or from 0001 Monday to 2359 Sunday? i.e - if you have 2 reduced rests Saturday and Sunday, could you then have them Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday also because its a new week?

No, you can reduce 3 times between weekly rest periods so although it’s a new week you haven’t had a weekly rest period. Once you have taken 3 that’s it until after your next weekly rest.

You could take a reduced Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, take a weekly rest Thursday then reduce Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Extended driving days, which is two per week, could work in the way you suggest. 10 hours Saturday and Sunday followed by 10 hours Monday and Tuesday as that is a new week is legal whereas 10 hours Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday isn’t.

No, it’s three between weekly rest periods.

If I was in a hurry, I used to do three on the way down to El Ejido, have 24 hours off and do three on the way back.

The fixed week limits your 10 hour driving to two.
EDIT… Snap.
Regards,
Nick.

spot on. cheers to you both,