Reduced daily rest question ?!?!

Here’s a question for those more familiar with the regs.

If I work a Sunday Night/Monday AM shift and have reduced rest, does the reduced rest (which actually takes place on Monday) belong to the Sunday (ie previous week) or count for the new week. I think it is probably the first one - but thought it worth checking … …

Does that make sense ■■

G

Have I got this right? You start work Sunday evening and work until sometime on Monday morning, then take a reduced rest of less than 11 hours before beginning work again on the Monday afternoon/evening?

If that is the case then the reduced rest counts for the current week, because a new week started at 00:00 Monday, and you can reduce twice more before 24:00 on Sunday.

what ever you do on sunday counts as last week so if you have allready done 3x15 or 2x10 drive you cant but if you havent but if you work past 0001 monday then it counts as this week finish before 0000 it counts as last weeks but watch your weekly rest too
hope thats as clear as mud

Interestingly the new tacho regs that come into effect on 11 april change this slightly - you are allowed to take 3 reduced daily rest between weekly rests, so in theory you will then be able to have more than 3 reduced rests in a fixed week, as long as their is a weekly rest after 3 of them.

Ski:
Interestingly the new tacho regs that come into effect on 11 april change this slightly - you are allowed to take 3 reduced daily rest between weekly rests, so in theory you will then be able to have more than 3 reduced rests in a fixed week, as long as their is a weekly rest after 3 of them.

And no need to compensate for them any more, and its up to your boss when you do them according to the new law.