Reduced daily rest question

Who’s choice is it to reduce? Your 's or the employers?
I’ve been doing anywhere between 13 and 15 hour days and Monday Tuesday and wed they make you reduce, I took a half day off yesterday and was given the day today as I was exhausted, struggling to stay awake, being sick and feeling sick, feeling better today just a pain when I breath deep. But can I refuse to do it? I thought the breaks and stuff were there to protect us as drivers?

The company can legally plan a reduced daily rest period for you, it’s up-to you to decide whether or not you’re fit to start work after a reduced daily rest period.

If you can’t do it and refuse too often it’s up-to the company to decide whether or not you’re the right driver for them.
Having said that I personally don’t think reduced daily rest periods should be allowed when your working from base, it’s all-right if you’re living in the vehicle but not if you’ve got to travel home and back.

If they’re planning reduced daily rest periods when you’re at base why not have a chat with your TM and see if they can work things a little differently.

Yeah I will, by the time I’ve got home eaten and washed I’m getting like 6 hours sleep

Frost89:
Yeah I will, by the time I’ve got home eaten and washed I’m getting like 6 hours sleep

If that is not enough to drive safely then DO NOT DRIVE

SAFETY comes before everything else

I’ve spoken to them about it today if the reduced rests can be spread across the week and the tm said “no that’s the job take it or leave it” today is my last day, was getting paid the same rate in agency and the work was easier

Frost89:
I’ve spoken to them about it today if the reduced rests can be spread across the week and the tm said “no that’s the job take it or leave it” today is my last day, was getting paid the same rate in agency and the work was easier

If the long shifts are making you ill you’ve probably made the right decision, three consecutive reduced daily rest periods can be a killer when you’ve got to travel home and back each day and do the things most of people have to do when at home.