reduce rest

Hi All
Sorry to have to ask but tried the search button and no luck.
Question is can l reduce my daily rest to 9 hrs if the wagon is parked in the yard ?
thanks
Stu

Yes

Thanks Redboxer850
I had this discussion with a mate work and he said l was wrong ha ha
Wait till l see him tomorrow. :laughing: :laughing:

As said you can have a reduced daily rest period when the vehicle is at base, you never used to be able to but that changed years ago.

tachograph:
As said you can have a reduced daily rest period when the vehicle is at base, you never used to be able to but that changed years ago.

It should be bloody changed back IMO!

9 off at base for the vast majority of people quite simply isn’t enough when you factor in commuting.

11 am start - 2 am finish
11 off
1 pm start - 4am finish
11 off
3 pm start- 6 pm finish
That’s why I like the option of 9 hrs off,I can keep my start times pretty much the same,I’m a creature of habit,

Why Drivers find the need to reduce down to 9 is beyond me,especially at home
By the time they travel home have a shower if they have one, have a bite to eat watch the TV for an hour, bed get up again get to work your lucky if you have had 6 hours kip tops.
Same as kipping in the cab can`t tell me you get enough sleep on a reduced rest break

lolipop:
By the time they travel home have a shower if they have one, have a bite to eat watch the TV for an hour, bed get up again get to work your lucky if you have had 6 hours kip tops.
Same as kipping in the cab can`t tell me you get enough sleep on a reduced rest break

All depends on what an individual needs as a full sleep

yes
but why would you want too

I am in the position that if I can help the company out I will and they have in the past and no doubt will in the future help me out :wink:
We have four of us driving at our place and we also help each other out, swings and roundabouts for us four :laughing:

hitch:
yes
but why would you want too

Because after a night out, if all my drops are off I can drive back to the yard, sort my run for the next day and sod off home. Paid for 11 hours even if I’ve only been on duty for a few hours.

lolipop:

Exactly, that is why I refuse to do it, unless it suits ME, just because it’s legal doesn’t make it safe.

dozy:
11 off
1 pm start - 4am finish
11 off
3 pm start- 6 pm finish
That’s why I like the option of 9 hrs off,I can keep my start times pretty much the same,I’m a creature of habit,

Work shorter hours. No problem having 11 off and keeping your start times the same…

dozy:
11 off = REDUCED DAILY REST OF 9 HOURS
1 pm start - 4am finish
11 off = REDUCED DAILY REST OF 9 HOURS
3 pm start- 6 pm finish = VERY SHORT SHIFT

dozy:
11 off
1 pm start - 4am finish
11 off
3 pm start- 6 pm finish

As I understand it (and I think ROG is saying the same above) you can’t possibly do a 15 hour work shift and then have a full daily rest of 11 hours - there’s only 9 hours left in the day!
You can have 11 hours rest if you want to but it will only count as a reduced daily rest of 9 hours.

lolipop:

To be fair I wouldn’t have much sympathy for someone suffering from sleep deprivation if they were watching tv for an hour instead of going to bed!

Problem is Switch, some of us can’t switch off after work even after doing a 15. I need at least an hour to unwind and feel properly tired when I get home.