REDRUTH Smokey Joes

good little truck stop , good food but car park does fill up so try and get there early :smiley:

Sorry to revive this thread over a year later - I’m heading down that way for an 0800 in Penzance, and was thinking about where to stop. Do you know if I can still get in to park after they close (I probably won’t be down there till about 2200 Sunday night, and leaving at about 0630). Are there any facilities available outside of closing times?

Thanks

Gary

So you plan on leaving after 8.5 hours?

Tut tut. :unamused:

What would Mrs Bell or her esteemed colleagues say? :laughing:

Whoops - I will of course be having a full 9 hours off as required by the relevant legislation !

Gary

Well timing all went pete tong, got there at 2240, left at 0750, and got to my 0800 booking for 0820. Great place to stop, highly recommended, and saved on my favourites list

I get there regular. Great food only problem is it is very busy and fills up quick!
Well worth a visit

Paul :stuck_out_tongue:

its not bad, spent 20 mins a day in there during my training.

If you don’t want to pay, there is a lorry park in Redruth town centre. Just put Blowinghouse Hill in your sat nav. It’s free 6pm -8am, and about 100 yards away from takeaways, pubs etc.

Born Idle:
If you don’t want to pay, there is a lorry park in Redruth town centre. Just put Blowinghouse Hill in your sat nav. It’s free 6pm -8am, and about 100 yards away from takeaways, pubs etc.

Yep. Good spot. Regular sunday night out spot. Everything you need within walkinhg distance.

£12 to park includes a meal voucher for £6 and a shower, clean,and good meals from 5 to £12, good breakfast, situated off A30 about 4 miles before Redruth,7am to 930pm, put TR16 6QG in your sat nav.

are you sure about that postcode ?

Transportcafe.co.uk says TR16 5BJ :confused: :confused: :confused:

Denis F:

Hi Denis, Got a business card off the owner and it does say the code I posted 6QG

robroy:

Denis F:

Hi Denis, Got a business card off the owner and it does say the code I posted 6QG

odd !

I put 6QG into streetmap and it gives streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=16 … &A=Y&Z=126

Is that where the Cafe is ? or is the owner a muppet and put his home postcode on the cards :question:

Just checked tr16 5bj on google earth street view and it shows the cafe.

robroy:
£12 to park includes a meal voucher for £6 and a shower, clean,and good meals from 5 to £12, good breakfast, situated off A30 about 4 miles before Redruth,7am to 930pm, put TR16 6QG in your sat nav.

Stopped there 4 weeks ago and the steak is amazing!!!

I dont normally eat at these cafes but you got to try it.

Cafe gets v.very busy.