Redlion pub

The 1 on the A45. Whats it like. Just want a decent shower and feed not parking overnight. Cheers

Don’t know about the showers. It’s run by Pakistanis or Indians. They do some sort of Indian meal special plus some other English meals. They got a bar, the bears OK. The parking is £18.50 in the truck park. Bugger all in the layby.

berewic:
Don’t know about the showers. It’s run by Pakistanis or Indians. They do some sort of Indian meal special plus some other English meals. They got a bar, the bears OK. The parking is £18.50 in the truck park. Bugger all in the layby.

Cheers m8 but i took one look at it and drove on! it was jammed to the rafters so just settled with a Sarnie and Shower at cherwell valley - they stink! :frowning:

I cant fault the place, food good, beer good, freindly staff, shower was hot one of the best i’ve had in a truckstop

Now thats one place i could never get in years ago not even the layby but did manage it one night thought I’d have a kip then go get a bite later guess what ,
Woke up toooooo soddin late :unamused:

nick2008:
Now thats one place i could never get in years ago not even the layby but did manage it one night thought I’d have a kip then go get a bite later guess what ,

THE REASON YOU COULD NOT GET IN YEARS AGO IS BECAUSE THEY HAD ENTERTAINMENT .DESIGNED FOR GENTLEMEN OF A DESCERNING NATURE IE STRIPPERS ,IT SEEMS THAT THAT IS NOW AGAINST THE LAW IN MODERN BRITAIN .AND THE ENTERTAINMENT IS A SINGER .GOD I MISS THE OLD DAYS

Chesterfield truckstop used to have strippers on a thursday night years ago, but you needed afew pints first :open_mouth: .
Also going back to the Red lion , years ago the plod nicked some drivers for drunk in charge, while they were sleeping :imp: . After that you could leave your keys with the pub and pick them up at breacky :smiley: .

Now drunk in charge has been tried in the courts and kicked out like the judge said the drivers had no intention of driving there vehicle

richardthebrick:

nick2008:

THE REASON YOU COULD NOT GET IN YEARS AGO IS BECAUSE THEY HAD ENTERTAINMENT .DESIGNED FOR GENTLEMEN OF A DESCERNING NATURE IE STRIPPERS ,IT SEEMS THAT THAT IS NOW AGAINST THE LAW IN MODERN BRITAIN .AND THE ENTERTAINMENT IS A SINGER .GOD I MISS THE OLD DAYS

The reason the “entertainment” stopped at the Red Lion was due to the fact the owners wife ran off with one of the (female) acts. He refused to have them in again.

Food here is spot on - beer is excellent -
word of advice don’t park near to the layby inside the truck stop as the fridge drivers use the layby and also park right outside the pub overnight - i try to park up the top side well away
cheers
Steve

this place is my latest favourite
£18 to park with an £8 meal or bar voucher ,probably the freindliest staff ive ever met in a truckstop,and a nice pint in the bar ,toilets are as clean as you can expect with some of the dirty bas… sorry they are clean and well maintained allways with pot roll in the stalls
menu example from last thursday.10oz rump steak, chips , peas and salad cup of tea and bannoffee pie and icecreme cooked perfectley and loads of it 10.20 less an £8 quid meal voucher
parking is also available for £12

cypry0:
Chesterfield truckstop used to have strippers on a thursday night years ago, but you needed afew pints first :open_mouth: .
Also going back to the Red lion , years ago the plod nicked some drivers for drunk in charge, while they were sleeping :imp: . After that you could leave your keys with the pub and pick them up at breacky :smiley: .

Hi there “cypro”, your right about the plod, I remember them nicking drivers when they were asleep, although I wasn’t there at the time, but this just shows what a load of t;;;s they are, they’d do anything to get a pull, thank god I’m retired now, been out for 5 years now, although I miss the job and the lads etc, I sure as hell dont miss the plod, this is why they have such a bad reputation and a bad image.
:-Jack Graham, “ex A One Leeds.” :wink: :wink: :smiley: :grimacing:

Dafman:
Now drunk in charge has been tried in the courts and kicked out like the judge said the drivers had no intention of driving there vehicle

Hi Dafman, I didn’t know about this one, “probably because I’m now retired”, but if this is true it’s about time it was kicked out.
It should be made a law, that they cant get a driver out of bed just to breathalyse him or her, this is only one of there tactics, any old excuse just to get a pull, it’s happened too many times and ruined too many drivers lives making them out of work just to please the chief inspector, and give them another tick in the box. Regards:-Jack Graham.Ex A One Leeds. :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

Jack Graham:

Dafman:

Hi Dafman, I didn’t know about this one, “probably because I’m now retired”, but if this is true it’s about time it was kicked out.
It should be made a law, that they cant get a driver out of bed just to breathalyse him or her, this is only one of there tactics, any old excuse just to get a pull, it’s happened too many times and ruined too many drivers lives making them out of work just to please the chief inspector, and give them another tick in the box. Regards:-Jack Graham.Ex A One Leeds. :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

There was a basic test case, can’t remember a name. The plod have to prove your intention to drive… The argument was that if the curtains are closed and the tacho is out and the driver is in BED then the intention is not to drive, obvious really!

berewic:
They got a bar, the bears OK…

Thats a relief, I was always wary of that bear in the bar when I went for a beer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yeh I know, nowt worse than a smartarse :blush:

I love the place i stop here whenever i can, good value great food and a good laugh in the bar. the only downside ive found is i can never get any tv reception.

jimmi:
I love the place i stop here whenever i can, good value great food and a good laugh in the bar. the only downside ive found is i can never get any tv reception.

That why you see the ■■■■■■■■ Corrie fans parked at the top facing the other way!!! :grimacing: