red lodge cafe

can anybody tell me if the red lodge cafe has changed much in the last twenty five years i used to deliver coal from south wales up to various coal merchants in and around norfolk nad back load out of bitish sugar and a place which was only a couple of miles from the lodge somewhere behind the american air base i think was swaffam .i used to load chicken crap pellets for carmarthen but allways try and park at the lodge i remember it being open 24 hrs the lorry park was like a bomb site is it still the same .

hi.sammy.
i was in the redlodge cafe a few months ago,it hasnt changed at all in the last thirty years as i can tell.still got those photo,s of pop groups around the walls who used to call in, probably the same staff :laughing: :laughing: lorry park just the same, i swear i saw the front end of a ford trader sticking out of one of those puddles. :open_mouth:

nice to hear that diesel dan the thames trader was nt mine i was driving y reg foden 8 wheel tipper at time probably 8 mths old at time not me the truck bloody day cab at that did go up to british sugar wissington about 6mths ago with coal from swansea but the roads have changed so much now would have loved to have called in th.e the lodge just to have a look. food was quite good if i rember correctly

hi sammy.
if you go that way again, when you turn off the a14 onto the a11 come off at 1st turn off, turn right onto the b1085 and redlodge cafe is on the left,its sign posted .when you come out,keep on the b1085 and you will come back on the a11 near barton mills roundabout. the grub is just the same as it always was. :exclamation:

cheers for that diesel dan ill remember that .merry christmas and happy new year mate to you and yours.

I bet Marge is still taking the orders and screeching when it’s ready :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last time I was up there was about 5 years ago. There was a young girl behind the counter who the lads referred to as “custard!” When I asked why they said she was thick but sweet! She carried the dumplings in front of her too…

nothing change in red lodge even got the same fly paper and oil in the fryer lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:
Last time I was up there was about 5 years ago. There was a young girl behind the counter who the lads referred to as “custard!” When I asked why they said she was thick but sweet! She carried the dumplings in front of her too…

Ah bless her. Her education was completed at Red Lodge. We still talk about her now!

sammy dog:
‘…can anybody tell me if the red lodge cafe has changed much in the last twenty five years…’

I’m new into there - but unless it has only recently both built a cold outside clodgy and started to do dripping on toast, I guess it’s identical to when Pontius was a pilot.

It’s now open through until Christmas Day, 2010 so why not drift along, stay at the neighbouring pub and gorge on celebratory meals for a day or two?

im now starting to get a feel for the lodge after all the replys best i get a load up and have me a look
got air suspension now and not them things that snap when you hit one of them famous lodge craters.

Seeing as its winter and good news is currently scarce, I’ve gotta big-up the A11 Red Lodge recently doing me a handsome bowl of fruit crumble with custard for £2 - with other puddin’s on offer.

Since I only do forty-fives and I’m a bit thrifty/tight/health conscious & don’t ‘eat-out’ much, I had my butties in the office for ‘mains’, nipped in for a brew and jolly well treated myself to a bit o’ duff. I’ll save having a main there for my lad’s 21st, an anniversary, the woman’s birthday or something so am currently unable to comment on them.

I told the lovely behind the counter how chuffed I was too.