Red Lodge Cafe!

Oh what a disappointment!
Called in for the first time in years last night and it’s such a DUMP!
The toilets are disgusting and the food was awfull. Glad I wan’t staying overnight, it seems like its a timewarp back to the 1960’s not 2008!

Such a disappointment when its obviousley so popular ( I think Mr Vains truck was at the front of the parking area)

A time warp back to the 60’s.
I wish it was true.
I think most 2008 truckstops could learn a lot from the 60’s truckstops.
Surely they couldn’t have been any worse :question:

Well, it was probably alot better in the 60’s but certainly hasn’t kept up with the times, it’s in the dark ages and todays lorry drivers shouldn’t HAVE to put up with it. Unfortunatley it was busy, and untill it’s not, it wont change!

I realy wish I’d gone to the big BP garage on the A14 and got a sarnie instead!

thats a shame, last time i went there the food was really good, although the toilets do leave a lot to be desired, although i would only go into newmarket services as an absolute last resort, i cant quite afford a sandwich out of there, and then you just get boxed in there!

Oi ! thats my local yr slagging off!

Thats really un fair what you’ve said.

I’m disgusted by yr comments.

After all, 10,000 flies can’t be wrong! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[/quote]

After all, 10,000 flies can’t be wrong!

is that all there was there last night? :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

ps I thought it was your Scania! :sunglasses:

Yeah you were lucky/unlucky to catch me in residence. 2 consecutive nights this week, not many moons ago i was there every night. Red lodge is one of those places where its not the food that make the cafe but the people. You are right, it is a dump, but we kinda like it. I’ve gone up market tonight, welford cafe. Another of my haunts. Nothing wrong with the food there, in fact i think its some of the best grub up the road.

wheres the red lodge so i can avoid if only so i dont bump into rob. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks dad! Love you too :laughing: :laughing:

MR VAIN:
Thanks dad! Love you too :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its a pleasure. :wink:

The Red Lodge Cafe is on the A11 just north of Newmarket. I was last in there in 1979, it was fine then, If you could find space to park. I haven’t been over that side of the country in a long time, unfortunately. :cry:

kickstart:
The Red Lodge Cafe is on the A11 just north of Newmarket. I was last in there in 1979, it was fine then, If you could find space to park. I haven’t been over that side of the country in a long time, unfortunately. :cry:

It must have gone off a bit, it was fine the last time I was in too but that may have been 10 years ago. Is it still the same owner?

I did a search and found this,
http://www.wrecklesseric.com/archive/06_november.htm
It is not very flattering about the Red Lodge or Truck Drivers for that matter, but it is quite funny :wink:

as a former resident of Red Lodge with 10 years service I must tell you I ate in the cafe most days…because Mrs. trubrit can’t cook worth ■■■… :smiley:

I asked this question before, why is the nearby Comfort Cafe world famous?

Wheel Nut:

kickstart:

It must have gone off a bit, it was fine the last time I was in too but that may have been 10 years ago. Is it still the same owner?

I did a search and found this,
http://www.wrecklesseric.com/archive/06_november.htm
It is not very flattering about the Red Lodge or Truck Drivers for that matter, but it is quite funny :wink:

Red lodge cafe is still owned by the same family, unfortunatly Gerry died a while back, the big C. But his girls have kept the business running thankfully. Yes it’s a bit of a dump, but there are plans for a new cafe on a new site, a fresh start. So put up with the bad reputation , flies and dirt, a new cafe is on its way. Apparently :laughing:

That is one [zb] hole always as been and always will be and i’ve tried it a few times over the years but its never inproved :exclamation:

as another one how stops there a lot i agree with rob its not the food its the company in the place that makes it although they do a mean cherry pancake and ice cream

My local as well if on A11 mind the holes on the car park though or grap robs parking space :question: LOL

gringo:
My local as well if on A11 mind the holes on the car park though or grap robs parking space :question: LOL

A worrying thought, you, in my ■■■■■■■■■■■■! :laughing:

Watch out there’s a scam about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :question: