Red Lion truck stop

Taken from the Northampton Chronicle
northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ … -1-7363037

:unamused: Looks like yet another old truck park is biting the dust and being ■■■■ ed up by a ‘‘development’’
I’ve stayed there on and off since I started driving, had some good nights in that pub in the past.
You can bet that the new proposed truck park will be a modern day type rip off site, a bit like that new Londonderry abortion.
Surely in an area like Northants there are suitable alternative sites that they can ■■■■ up instead.

Call me a cynic, but with a massive fine looming after those illegals found working there 2 weeks ago, it was only a matter of time. 2 weeks is pretty quick though, which suggests they had been putting off the potential developers for a while. Or it could be one massive coincidence of course :wink: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:
Call me a cynic, but with a massive fine looming after those illegals found working there 2 weeks ago, it was only a matter of time. 2 weeks is pretty quick though, which suggests they had been putting off the potential developers for a while. Or it could be one massive coincidence of course :wink: :laughing:

I was there when that kicked off. The plod kicked us all out of the bar area for a while.

Well, that answers the question as to who bubbled the Red Lion - ■■■■■■■ developers are well and truly in the frame!

But if you read the report, there are also plans to build a 20,000 acre truck stop there as well…and hopefully one that doesn’t leave you stuck in the mud, or one that chokes you to death in the dry season, and maybe somewhere decent to stay overnight with good facilities and food and at a decent price.

:open_mouth: 20,000 thousand acre truck stop :open_mouth:

m.a.n rules:
:shock: 20,000 thousand acre truck stop :open_mouth:

And whoever does the parking spaces will probably still manage to bugger it up creating only 5 blindside spaces.

Even I only need 20 acres to turn this truck around!

m.a.n rules:
:shock: 20,000 thousand acre truck stop :open_mouth:

Well I hope that the building that holds all the facilities, restaurant, shops, toilets, showers etc., are well placed in the middle of the site and not at the entrance. Otherwise if you’re one of the last to arrive it’ll be one hell of a walk to get to them :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

20,000 acres is just over 31 square miles or the size of the entire Sandringham estate that’s one big ■■■ truck stop

The report say’s 20,000 square metres of truck park, not 20,000 acres!

Hopefully its free as well

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

bubsy06:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Stop it, stop it, you’re making my Tummy Hurt [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Twoninety88:

read truckyboy’s post :slight_smile:

Twoninety88:

so its just under 5 acres then!!!

jetemp:

Twoninety88:

so its just under 5 acres then!!!

Dozy should be alright then as long as white van man has to park out the way :blush:

martinviking:

bubsy06:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Stop it, stop it, you’re making my Tummy Hurt [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Have another Haha haha, do you work for free and are all your deliveries free like your truck was free as well ffs.

m.a.n rules:

Twoninety88:

read truckyboy’s post :slight_smile:

I did read truckyboys post, the report says 20,000 square metres of truck park, the whole site inc industry and parking totals 31 acres.

Give them a swift kick in the knackers, there`s two acres to start off with :grimacing: