Red Lion truck stop

Hi, I’m looking for opinions on the above truck stop. This is my first night out since 2009, and I’ve never used it before.

I’m tipping Milton Keynes at 5pm, and the Traffic office have advised me to go here, as they have an account with a company that covers this site.

What are the facilities and food like.

Thanks for your help

Good spot to stop at get in as early as you can as it does fill up, good food and showers.

I live about a mile up the road from it, the place has been going for years and recently been refurbed. I’ve never used it personally (no need!!!) but there’s always plenty of trucks in there. Pub/food etc, family owned, it’ll do you well bud :slight_smile:

P.s. if you come off at J16, get in the right lane on A45 early as there is a designated lane to turn across into it :sunglasses:

Watch out for the giant holes in the yard .

Don’t forget your wellies! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I’ve heard that the police hang about here early morning because of the bar to catch drivers who may have had a few beers the night before ,any truth in this??

Only been there for a 45, the parking area has bigger craters than the moon.

bobbya:
I’ve heard that the police hang about here early morning because of the bar to catch drivers who may have had a few beers the night before ,any truth in this??

Deffo in the 80s as I was following my mate out has he got breathlized. Thnk Christ it was not me, as I was not the model pillar (that’s pillar not pillock) of trucking society that I am today :smiley: and was likely slightly ott. :blush:

Maybe the reputation has stuck from those days, as I have never heard of anything recent in terms of last 10 yrs anyway.

Last time I was there was about 7 yrs ago, rushing to get there for a pint off the boat, and the barsteward would not serve me at 2229 the little sh, so I aint been back since. :smiley:

Probaly a bit late but I have tried to get in there a few times when getting low on time! Turned up before half 6 once and it was already full! But that shows it can’t be bad! Just get there early

Friendly owners,an Indian family, great curries, roast dinners and numerous other choices of good food.
No police hang out there, I see drivers having a good time with a few beers.
Good showers, one eared cat sits on the front porch .
The parking is muddy and pot holes, they tried to buy the land either side to make it bigger but they want too much money to sell it .
Abandoned vehicles in layby could be towed
away, its free to park in layby opposite.
Nice ladies behind the bar, fill your boots.

I think this is probably this best truck stop .ok the parking is a bit rough but the showers are decent and clean the food is very good and the staff are very friendly,also if your running late you can ring them and reserve a parking space ,as it gets full early most nights 10 out of 10

Thanks for all the advice Gents, but the day got changed this morning due to a rejected first delivery, so night isn’t happening (thank god).

I’m now sat in the comfort of my home and it’s an early start tomorrow for a 9am tip at Amazon/XTO Corby.