Red Lion Northampton

Called at Red Lion the other day, ok admittedly only to use the bog :blush: , noticed how much it has changed since I never went back since 5yrs ago when they ■■■■■■ me off (rushed up from off the ferry and the kid behind the bar would not serve me 5mins after last orders, the little ■■■■ :smiley: , despite protests from other drinkers)
Anyway the old cafe bit and pub are now all one, and it looks different and ok inside as well as out.
Is it a good meal, how much to park, how much a pint,and do you get a meal voucher.

Hi Robroy,

Parking is £14 with a £4.00 meal voucher and Shower Token or £19 with a £8.00 meal voucher and shower token.
Pints average between £2.50 - £3.20 depending on what you like to drink.

The menu offers a vast amount of choice too!

Foods good ! Beers good! Staff are good ! But the lorry park hasn’t changed! Full of deep potholes. Where does all the money go?

double post

THE FIN103:
Foods good ! Beers good! Staff are good ! But the lorry park hasn’t changed! Full of deep potholes. Where does all the money go?

spot on!
i do like the red lion, always have but i bet the parking area would cost a fortune to be re-surfaced properly.

Serena:
Hi Robroy,

Parking is £14 with a £4.00 meal voucher and Shower Token or £19 with a £8.00 meal voucher and shower token.
Pints average between £2.50 - £3.20 depending on what you like to drink.

The menu offers a vast amount of choice too!

OK cheers for that, will give it a go next time. My lot have Rugby t/s on account, but I aint keen on it since The Green Death took over. :unamused:

The expensive parking is £24 with £12 meal voucher and shower token. FOSTERS is £2.70 a pint.

But would all drivers pay an extra pound each if the parking area was resurfaced? I would as it save rearranging the cab contents!!!

Just overnighted in here for the first time and agree with all the above very good service and value will defiantly use it again the place was full by about half eight so they must be doing something right

They have free WIFI now too :slight_smile:

I asked about the parking area and was told it’s on the list but will cost upto £500k to do properly !
Is that rooms for accommodation going up at the rear of the main building ?
One of the better watering holes .

The food is good as are the showers since the refurb,if I’m around that way that’s the one I will use before any other.

One of the best truck stops in the UK. Food is spot on, showers are clean and reasonably priced and the staff are friendly. The only downside is the potholed parking area! Still a good night out though. :smiley: