Red Lion Cheddleton Staffs (A520) Avoid!

Whilst I was trucking off to Macclesfield and trucking up for the night in a layby just before the Town
I decided to walk into town
There where 3 pubs so I was told, the red lion, the black lion and the boat
I could only see the red lion and now I wish I had found the other two
I ordered and paid for 3 pints of cast ale on my card
I then asked if I could charge my laptop and phone up as I explained my situation
She said she would ask the land lady as it was not hear decision and if she let me do it then everyone ells would be coming in there and taking advantage
The yuppie table in the corner said! what a whole whoopee do 10p of electric!
She eventually let me use the power points for my duration
At the end of the night I kindly asked if I could have some hot water for my flask; she asked why! I said it was for a pot noodle and a cup of tee in the morning as the chip shop round the corner is now closed
She said the kitchen hear is now closed and her land lady is having her dinner upstairs and could not be disturb
The customers beside my cringed as to say you rotten ■■■ holes!

Maybe she thinks I dont deserve this kind of customer satisfaction as I am not a local and just a passer buy
Passing buy true but not stopping there next time in town :wink:
Could anyone kindly point me to the nearest pub in town

Thanks
B&G

Dont ask for a bag of pork scratchings ,there will be hell on :wink: :wink:

When they say kitchen closed that’s a line used when people ask for fish and chips and the cook has gone home and the fryer turned off. What she meant by kitchen closed was the light was off and the kettle would need to be - this is key - switched ON. Thatchers Britain.

Put your comments on Trip Advisor.People will avoid that tight fisted pub and hopefully it will close down due to no customers.

so what gives people the right to plug in their gadgets, fill a flask with hot water, and all in a pub. if you want those services, either stop in a truckstop, or buy the gadgets yourself and get yourself a kettle…job done.

I agree with truckyboy I understand where your coming from but not down to the publican to provide what you wanted being called a pub should have given you a clue what was provided I am quite surprised you never asked the publican for a go at his missus I suppose the miserable sod would have refused that as well

dexterboy:
I am quite surprised you never asked the publican for a go at his missus I suppose the miserable sod would have refused that as well

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last time i was in there the publican said i could :laughing: but no hot water to wash myself.

truckyboy:
Last time i was in there the publican said i could :laughing: but no hot water to wash myself.

Errrrrrr before or after… :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

In fairness to the Red Lion, I’ve eaten there before and the food & service was first rate.
Tbh, whilst I think they treated the OP a bit shoddily, I don’t really think it’s the sort of establishment looking to cater for overnighting truckers to be honest!

I’d have strongly advised you goto the Black Lion ( opposite the Red Lion on Hollow Lane ) much more down to earth IMO, recently refurbished and far more likely to cater for your needs.

Still, annoying and as an ex tramper who’s been in similar situations before, you have my empathy.

truckyboy:
so what gives people the right to plug in their gadgets, fill a flask with hot water, and all in a pub. if you want those services, either stop in a truckstop, or buy the gadgets yourself and get yourself a kettle…job done.

• 1 :wink:

truckyboy:

If you needed a p/ss or [zb] in the night would you expect them to open up for free or would you just do it in the layby :question:

I think you need to speak to Harry Monk who expects everything to be free or paid for by somebody else :smiley:

===============
Please just type whatever you want, then leave the auto censor to do its work.

It’s perfectly OK to use the word “■■■■” but the other word had to go. dd.

Would be interesting to know what Boss & Drivers appearance and actual manner was in the place, being a stranger the pub staff/landlord won’t have seen before.

I only wonder, because I think most people make up their minds whether they fancy helping somebody out based on first impression.

rob22888:
Would be interesting to know what Boss & Drivers appearance and actual manner was in the place, being a stranger the pub staff/landlord won’t have seen before.

I only wonder, because I think most people make up their minds whether they fancy helping somebody out based on first impression.

the jury has made their verdict

Boss & Driver:
The yuppie table in the corner said! what a whole whoopee do 10p of electric!
The customers beside my cringed as to say you rotten ■■■ holes!

You’ve got to be self sufficient mate. You can’t go round asking all and sundry for use of their plugs & to fill your flask, you can argue that it shouldn’t be a big deal but they’re not favours most people are used to getting asked, so you will often get a dodgy reception. You need to buy yourself an in cab kettle and various other electronic gizmo’s so you can take care of yourself, like other drivers do.

rob22888:
You’ve got to be self sufficient mate. You can’t go round asking all and sundry for use of their plugs & to fill your flask, you can argue that it shouldn’t be a big deal but they’re not favours most people are used to getting asked, so you will often get a dodgy reception. You need to buy yourself an in cab kettle and various other electronic gizmo’s so you can take care of yourself, like other drivers do.

Seems about right really.

rob22888:
You need to buy yourself an in cab kettle and various other electronic gizmo’s so you can take care of yourself, like other drivers do.

Boss dont like to see all that stuff in the cab

Boss & Driver:

rob22888:
You need to buy yourself an in cab kettle and various other electronic gizmo’s so you can take care of yourself, like other drivers do.

Get a new boss ?

stick it all under the bunk with a lock on it simples :open_mouth:

Boss & Driver:

rob22888:

Ask him if he has a TV, kettle, fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc at home, when he says “of course” say “well this is my home so… So do I !”