Red Light Cams.

Does anybody know the ins and outs of red light cameras? I was heading out of Huddersfield on the A62 today and just as i reached a set of lights they changed to amber. I was loaded and the road was damp so i deemed it safer to carry on through. They were still on amber as i passed the line with my unit. Anyway by the time my trailer passed they were obviously on red and the red light cam flashed me. :frowning: I was just wondering whether to expect a ticket to drop on the mat and if it would be worth disputing it.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ā€¦ highlight=

might help :slight_smile:

and this oneā€¦

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=398866&highlight=#398866

:smiley: :smiley:

Someone I know actually got done on that very same camera.

It doesnā€™t look good for you Iā€™m afraid.

Ken.

not on red light cams ,but in my driving time (15 yrs) - Iā€™ve been flashed twice on speed cams and none of them arrived

so thatā€™s a 100 % victory , obviously Iā€™m due one soon

but fingers crossed eh !!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A couple of drivers at my place have been tugged on this one and gone to court and won.
the reason being is if the unit and some of the trailer is pass the white line when it flashes your ok.if part of the unit has not passed the line you get knicked.But beware they have tried it on with both drivers so you need to see photo evidence if you get a ticket.you also need to receive it within 14 days aswell.
I heard This is why they moved the number plate to the near side back of the unit a few years ago to determine this such penalty.
good luck with it

Thanks Guys. If it drops on the mat then it looks the better option to just accept it. Thanks again.

AndyRud:
Thanks Guys. If it drops on the mat then it looks the better option to just accept it. Thanks again.

Andy why except it see the photo. you say your unit passed the white line before it flashed that means you should get away it mate.

gazzahgv:

AndyRud:

Andy why except it see the photo. you say your unit passed the white line before it flashed that means you should get away it mate.

Ok mate will do. As i said the light was on amber as i passed it so fingers crossed i wont hear anything. Thanks again.

no worries mate good luck
remember you need to receive it within 14days and ask to see the picture

gazzahgv:
no worries mate good luck
remember you need to receive it within 14days

14 days to the registered keeper.

i believe it is down to an individual case.before i get shot to bits,i know you should approach lights,with the view to them changing,but in reality,if the road is greasy,wet, etc,i would rather run through what i deem as acceptable,rather than throw out the anchor,risking jacknifing,skidding,spilling my coffeeā€¦
i did here of at least 2 people arguing in court and winning for the above mentioned.
each case has its own merits to me.

Iā€™ve just bent over and taken my punishment from Warwickshire Scammer Teamā€¦ See the link in Rogā€™s post at the top.

I felt that I had a really good case and was prepared to go and have my day in court to defend myself.

However, once the NIP had come through, Iā€™d decided that itā€™d be cheaper for me to take 3 points and the sixty quid fine. If I wanted to defend myself, it would have cost me a days pay and travelling costs from Surrey to Rugby which would have amounted to well over sixty quid. Then thereā€™s always the threat of being awarded a larger fine and more points.

The scam is workingā€¦ Bullied into accepting the Fixed Penaltyā€¦ :frowning:

Same happened to me in London, in an artic. I never heard anything.

Ask to see the photo and if it doesnā€™t clearly show the tractor unit number plate then tell them that their evidence is insufficient to identify the motor vehicle and they will give up.

Iggy:
The scam is workingā€¦ Bullied into accepting the Fixed Penaltyā€¦ :frowning:

Iā€™ve got a scam that guaranteeā€™s youā€™ll never have to accept one againā€¦ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i think i got this link from this forum somewhere

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=e ā€¦ 06&act=idx

these guys seem to know this stuff inside out

Iā€™ve was flashed once by a red light cam under similar circumstances.

Whilst bouncing around the cab getting annoyed with myself I spotted my trailer plate sitting in the passenger side door pocket. The trailer had no markings whatsoever, not even a fleet number.

Havenā€™t heard anything since, funnily enough, and that was at least three years ago.

Iā€™m not proud of myself or anything, but that day my inexperience/stupidity was a stroke of good luck.

A few of these cameras around doncaster I got done a few years ago,wrote off to explain mitigating circumstances- dark winter morning,road greasy lorry following close behind didnā€™t want him to run into the back of me if breaking hard.

They wrote back giving camera times ,red was showing a good few seconds,so paid up, Ā£60 and 3 points.

I got ā€œflashedā€ by red light camera on A4 Hammersmith area of London.

However, it was a wet day, went to amber just as cab was on line. Trailer set off the lightsā€¦!!

Options,
brake and risk a jackknife and ensuing damage to others or fittings on roadside and hence then block a major route out of London.
Just go for it and risk a ticket.

Went for it and heard nothingā€¦!!

Spoke to friend in Met police later and he advised me that all Red Light Cameras are interrogated by handā€¦

ie, they take into consideration,
vehicle type
weather/road condition
time of lights on amber and on red.

I would fight the case on its technicalityā€¦
same as i did over a speeding ticket in Bracknell that i reported on hereā€¦

if your innocent, dont roll over to the bully boys !!