red light cameras

hi all, old member here dont say too much but i have a question if someone will kindly answer ? how exactly do red light cameras work? tonight i found myself planning ahead i notice a red light camera set of lights on green anticipating it to turn red i slow to around 10mph only to find myself literally 5 feet from the lights and in my opinion well past the point of no return so i put my foot down as i pass the light it changes amber now pulling a 45ft trailer im worried ill have had my back axle trigger the camera, this was a tri axle trailer if it helps any! its also hard to tell if i received a flash with all fire works going off. Any thoughts / opinions ?

If the cab was passing the lights on amber then you have nothing to worry about, I’ve done it a few times and had no problems :wink:

tachograph:
If the cab was passing the lights on amber then you have nothing to worry about, I’ve done it a few times and had no problems :wink:

thanks for replying, yeah unit will of been well past the lights i never visually saw the red its all a time distance guess?

The camera will trigger if the road sensor and your speed shows you could have stopped safely but didn’t.

Sounds to me like you’ll have no problem at all with that, I wouldn’t worry. :laughing:

It may not have flashed. I got flashed in a not dissimilar situation nearly three weeks ago and nothing nasty’s arrived yet so it’s too late to get done! I doubt anything will happen but if it does the law should be on your side.

Truckulent:
The camera will trigger if the road sensor and your speed shows you could have stopped safely but didn’t.

Sounds to me like you’ll have no problem at all with that, I wouldn’t worry. :laughing:

well at 10mph i could have stopped but by time it changed i was pretty much level with lights and was taught at point of no return to just foot down and carry on no matter what as you already commited to the junction
if i have been caught how long will it take to recieve ie14 day rule. will my company tell me they recieve it or just pass on my info? also what am i facing fine and points or one of the sppeed awareness course type things?

Snudger:
It may not have flashed. I got flashed in a not dissimilar situation nearly three weeks ago and nothing nasty’s arrived yet so it’s too late to get done! I doubt anything will happen but if it does the law should be on your side.

i hope your right mate however why is 3weeks too late i know they have 14 days to issue a nip but surely thats just to my company it could take another couple to pass info and issue me it direct to my house

bigcheese:
if i have been caught how long will it take to recieve ie14 day rule. will my company tell me they recieve it or just pass on my info? also what am i facing fine and points or one of the sppeed awareness course type things?

The 14 day rule applies only to the first NIP which goes to the registered keeper who fills in the driver’s details which produces a new NIP. It’s the standard 3 points and £60 fine but AIUI awareness courses do exist.

mrpj:

bigcheese:

The 14 day rule applies only to the first NIP which goes to the registered keeper who fills in the driver’s details which produces a new NIP. It’s the standard 3 points and £60 fine but AIUI awareness courses do exist.

to be honest i think im fine even if it did flash me it must have got the very back end and as far as i know they have people who visually check photos and are trained in this area so hopefully they understand