Red light cameras

I’m a little confused as to what red light cameras look like exactly?

I thought most of them have a tiny black camera on top but this one I saw last week looks like there is just a white box attached to the traffic lights…?

Words fail me so I’m going to assume this is a wind up and leave it at that.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I genuinely do not know so if someone can enlighten me please…Was this a red light camera or not? What’s with the whitebox?

Johnmazda:
I genuinely do not know so if someone can enlighten me please…Was this a red light camera or not? What’s with the whitebox?

Even to an imbecile they would know it isn’t a bloody camera.

Given you started on here posting about buying a Mazda, then about getting done by a red light camera, and now asking if a plastic grey box with an antenna on it is a camera.

And if you could be bothered to Google it you would know what it is.

The same as I have just done took all 10 secs without having to waste time asking questions on a forum about it.

Hence again this leads me to believe 100% your on a wind up trolling attempt simple as that.

Oh just in case you really can’t be bothered to find out for yourself then here you go

They’re part of systems called magnetometers which can detect vehicles and can be used to monitor traffic flows

simcor:
And if you could be bothered to Google it you would know what it is.

The same as I have just done took all 10 secs without having to waste time asking questions on a forum about it.

Hence again this leads me to believe 100% your on a wind up trolling attempt simple as that.

Oh just in case you really can’t be bothered to find out for yourself then here you go

They’re part of systems called magnetometers which can detect vehicles and can be used to monitor traffic flows

Ok thank you for explaining. New driver here so trying to understand all these different boxes. I keep thinking there are these hidden cameras trying to catch people out and I’m very paranoid thinking I’ve done something wrong.

I reckon all traffic cameras, as in the ones that result in tickets being issued, are yellow. They don’t have to be, but I think they believe being visible is a deterrent.

Or……… simply stop at red lights in future, thus removing the need to fret about whether there is a camera or not.

the maoster:
Or……… simply stop at red lights in future, thus removing the need to fret about whether there is a camera or not.

I always stop at red lights. I was only asking.

stu675:
I reckon all traffic cameras, as in the ones that result in tickets being issued, are yellow. They don’t have to be, but I think they believe being visible is a deterrent.

Generally grey for traffic light cameras.

Welcome to the forum John.

I have to wonder from this, and your previous posts if you realise that this is a lorry drivers forum?

If you do, and you’ve come here for the experience and advice that a lot of members can offer, then fair play to you! And good that you’re showing an interest in the way other road users operate.

Someone will always be happy to offer an opinion or advice, but be aware that those responses will not always be taking account of your very new driver status.

Happy motoring

PS - in response to your bus lane camera query - if you’re unsure, stay out of the bus lane until you’ve had chance to read the signs. Faded road markings are no defence when there are clear signs displayed. Red light cameras will only be on junctions where you’ve gone through a red light (that’ll be sod and his law).

simcor:

stu675:

Oh, ok, around here there’s a lot are yellow as well as the speed ones, but yeah there might be some grey ones too.

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

Oh, ok, around here there’s a lot are yellow as well as the speed ones, but yeah there might be some grey ones too.

In fact generally grey for all speed cameras too, there is no law that states they must be visible and yellow. The point is they can be yellow, grey, green l, pink black or blue or any other colour in between tbh.

simcor:

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

In fact generally grey for all speed cameras too, there is no law that states they must be visible and yellow. The point is they can be yellow, grey, green l, pink black or blue or any other colour in between tbh.

Which motorway has a grey speed limit camera please?

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

Old style gatso in the gantries are usually grey Mr Pernickety.

No one had mentioned grey speed cameras on motorways but they did and or do still exist.

Although I think most of the old gatso style ones are mostly being replaced with HADECS 3 cameras.

simcor:

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

simcor:

stu675:

Old style gatso in the gantries are usually grey Mr Pernickety.

No one had mentioned grey speed cameras on motorways but they did and or do still exist.

But none of them are in use! [emoji38]

Mods, I’ve found my new username [emoji106]

The point I was making is they don’t have to be a particular colour in law. You get grey speed cameras, green speed cameras and yellow speed cameras.

And I am sure there are still some grey gatso style ones in use somewhere on motorways. The other point is no one was talking about motorway speed cameras either until you mentioned it.

The OP was talking about red light cameras.

grumpybum:
Welcome to the forum John.

I have to wonder from this, and your previous posts if you realise that this is a lorry drivers forum?

If you do, and you’ve come here for the experience and advice that a lot of members can offer, then fair play to you! And good that you’re showing an interest in the way other road users operate.

Someone will always be happy to offer an opinion or advice, but be aware that those responses will not always be taking account of your very new driver status.

Happy motoring

PS - in response to your bus lane camera query - if you’re unsure, stay out of the bus lane until you’ve had chance to read the signs. Faded road markings are no defence when there are clear signs displayed. Red light cameras will only be on junctions where you’ve gone through a red light (that’ll be sod and his law).

Thanks grumpy. Another query regarding cameras. What’s this one here…?

Johnmazda:
Ok thank you for explaining. New driver here so trying to understand all these different boxes. I keep thinking there are these hidden cameras trying to catch people out and I’m very paranoid thinking I’ve done something wrong.

Surely you’ll know if you’ve run a red light or not or been speeding or done something else wrong? I don’t worry about such boxes because I don’t drive in a manner where I try to beat the lights. If your paranoia is that bad that you’re getting to the point you’re looking for little boxes on the top of traffic lights to see if they have a camera you need to seek professional help because you’ve got some real problems and that’s not a flippant or abusive remark, you really do need help.