Red Light Cameras

A C+E agency driver at work said that if he went through lights that between his unit going through and the trailer the lights changed to red, and subsequently he was flashed, he would not be, um, eligible for a ticket.

Excuse being he wasn’t responsible for the trailer or something. Huh :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused:

I know about the option that if you are turning right and you would end up blocking the road you had to complete your turn/manouver even if you did trigger the camera. :blush: :blush:

I think I triggered one last week, and as discussing in the office this was his input… :unamused: of which I’d doubt, as, well, you’re responsible for everything else…

Of course. I could be wrong and I bow to you’re greater knowledge oh C+E drivers :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I’m only a C1 :laughing:

I guess if you tired using it as a defence, then you would simply get the reply that you should have been thinking ahead and using forward planning. As well as the fact you must have begun heading through the lights on the amber stage.

I think he’s wrong.

If he was in queueing traffic and the t/lights up ahead changed to red … and left his trailer over a level crossing … and then the crossing lights started to flash 'cos a train was coming … is that still not his problem because he’s not responsible for his trailer■■?

Of course the ‘book’ answer would tell you that as a driver of a large vehicle you should drive acordingly including anticipating the actions of others i.e. will the vehicles in front of him clear the crossing and leave enough room for his complete vehicle to be clear and safe??

The above scenario, in an actual driving test, would be marked as a Serious Fault (that’s without the train actually coming) and it goes without saying a Dangerous Fault should a train come…however, if I were the examiner in that situation I don’t envisage actually marking down the Dangerous Fault - i’d be too busy running!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

ETA - P = Examiner Took Action - Physical.

He was physically running like ■■■■!!

Thank you :wink:

and here,s me thinking you were touring the delights of worksop,mmm forgot,you dont pay in worksop.

Well i can tell u first hand that if u stop over lights and it turns to red and the trailers not over the line then yes u do fail.it happened to me last month on my test and failed for it :blush: passed it a week later though and im still feeling very smug,only got 3 minors :sunglasses: :wink:

marcustandy:
If he was in queueing traffic and the t/lights up ahead changed to red … and left his trailer over a level crossing … and then the crossing lights started to flash 'cos a train was coming … is that still not his problem because he’s not responsible for his trailer■■?

As in exiting the Bristol test centre.

Once you start crossing those tracks, you keep going, regardless of the lights changing.

The offence is, for the front of the vehicle to cross the stop line once the lights change to red. Traffic lights cameras also record the speed so, with a long vehicle, it is possible to back-calculate where the front of the vehicle would have been at the time the lights changed.

Krankee:
Once you start crossing those tracks, you keep going, regardless of the lights changing.

I was meaning the traffic lights changed which would then cause the trailer to still be over the train tracks when the level crossing lights started to flash.

I know of at least one example in Hull. In this case, if you have been foolish enough to start crossing the train tracks (without enough space to clear them) and the t/lights, which are only 100metres ahead, change then you have no option to ‘keep going’ as there will already be queueing traffic in front. :frowning:

Saratoga:
A C+E agency driver at work said that if he went through lights that between his unit going through and the trailer the lights changed to red, and subsequently he was flashed, he would not be, um, eligible for a ticket.

Excuse being he wasn’t responsible for the trailer or something. Huh :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused: :arrow_right: The Trailer is yours,but,usually can you go through if you are on Trafficlight when it goes to yellow

I know about the option that if you are turning right and you would end up blocking the road you had to complete your turn/manouver even if you did trigger the camera. :blush: :blush: :arrow_right: by red must you stop,and when you stay across the Roads,as lazy ■■■■■■■■ could speed away by green. “No Excuse”

I think I triggered one last week, and as discussing in the office this was his input… :unamused: of which I’d doubt, as, well, you’re responsible for everything else… :arrow_right: If indicator in Road will it know if you have passed Trafficlight with frontaxle already when it switched to red,otherwise sorry for you

Of course. I could be wrong and I bow to you’re greater knowledge oh C+E drivers :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I’m only a C1 :laughing:

Thanks Fred :wink:

Warrior:
and here,s me thinking you were touring the delights of worksop,mmm forgot,you dont pay in worksop.

You end up paying in a different way there Warrior !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I could be wrong but as far as im aware. Once the front of the vehicle passes the sensors in the road the camera registers this, and then if the lights change before the rear has passed the sensors, the camera also registers this, and does not activate.

The reason the camera does not activate when turning right, is because you have already passed the sensor. Next time you are sat at a set of lights at the front, have a look for the bitumin lines in a rectangle surrounding the stop line. That is the sensor.

The_Catman:

Warrior:

You end up paying in a different way there Warrior !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

aaha another person who has witnessed the delights of worksop.

Warrior:

The_Catman:

Warrior:

aaha another person who has witnessed the delights of worksop.

Delights■■? Not the first word I’d choose… :wink: