Red light camera

Today.

I was driving and there were some roadworks on the junction and from both lanes there was only space for one car to go across. I heard some horns and reeving so looked to my mirror and saw two cars cutting one in front of another, wanting to go first behind me… I was worried that they will hit me in the back, so I accelerated, looked forward and saw that the red light, so braked, sharply but still with consideration to the two idiots behind me, I did not wanted them to end in my arse.

In the effect I stopped, but I passed the line and I ended on the pedestrian crossing (I did not even entered the crosswise carriageway, but I DID entered the pedestrian crossing).

There were four flashes from the red light camera.

Should I be worried now?

And if they will send me a ticket, can I fight it saying that I crossed the line but never get onto actual junction?

man I hate them things, I got flashed crossing the line to let an ambulance though, I tried to fight it but just got told that a red light means stop and that I should of on moved out of the way of the ambulance when it is safe and legal.

just wait and see, but I would fight it as my guess is that it took 4 photos to catch your progress as you drive across the junction, because you stopped I suppose all those photos will just show you sat in one place so you may have a get out claus there, just hope you like argueing if it’s the same person you talk to as I did!!!

Orys, why worry about tossers running up your arse, if they’re in such a bloody hurry, let 'em kill each other.

I realise you saw the flashes
but where was the camera ?
normally they are next to the traffic lights and therefore would have taken a nice picture of the side of your wagon
but not the rear ?
cheers
Steve

gm:
I realise you saw the flashes
but where was the camera ?
normally they are next to the traffic lights and therefore would have taken a nice picture of the side of your wagon
but not the rear ?
cheers
Steve

Steve they are not at the side of the lights, they are about 20ft back from them so they can take the traffic light colour and the back of your motor.

Horace, a lot of so-called traffic offences can be fought and won but red light camera offences don’t tend to be one of them. I’ve yet to read of anyone that’s got off after being caught on one. My mate Keith got caught on one on Leeds Rd in Huddersfield (the one heading out of Hudds, next to PC World) and he was about 4 vehicles back from the lights. At certain times of the day the lights only let about half a dozen cars through then change back to red again. Anyway, he was at max weight and had literally just got it rolling when they changed back to red. He must’ve been within about 15ft of the line at the time so carried on, as you would. As soon as the trailer wheels rolled over the induction loop there was a flash and he got a fine for it. He went to court and argued his case, taking fully loaded truck stopping distances with him and all sorts of other stuff in his favour but the judge wasn’t interested in any of it and told him it was an absolute offence and no amount of supporting ‘evidence’ to the contrary would ever change that. He was told he could appeal but the likely outcome would still be the same but he’d had to fork out for a whole load more court costs. Understandably - but reluctantly - he gave it up and had to pay the fine. It’s complete BS and I think it’s well out of order that they don’t take other factors into consideration, but they probably hear the “I had to move out of the way of a cop car/ambulance” excuse about 100 times per day and unfortunately the genuine cases (as per ebabes post) are lumped in with all the others. :angry:

If I were you (Horace) I would be putting some money aside for a fine and some bonus points. :frowning: Consider yourself ultra-spawny if you never hear anything from it.

but some of those cameras, the way they are positioned, if your in lane 2/3/4/5/6/7 etc etc and a truck is next to you in lane 1 and your numberplate itsnt at the top corner of the your truck you could run the red light and it would take a photo of the truck in lane 1,

example if your on the a46 and come to the m40 roundabout to turn left into warwick, you could run the red light and turn left and it wouldnt get your numeber plate as the camera is on the far right hand side at an angle covering 4 lanes - not that ive tried it though :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=4

Ask for advice here Horace (like it Rob!), from what you’ve described I wouldn’t get too wound up about it. Hope you hear nowt!

BTW Horace, did I see you on the telly a few nights ago?

orys:
Today.

I was driving and there were some roadworks on the junction and from both lanes there was only space for one car to go across. I heard some horns and reeving so looked to my mirror and saw two cars cutting one in front of another, wanting to go first behind me… I was worried that they will hit me in the back, so I accelerated, looked forward and saw that the red light, so braked, sharply but still with consideration to the two idiots behind me, I did not wanted them to end in my arse.

In the effect I stopped, but I passed the line and I ended on the pedestrian crossing (I did not even entered the crosswise carriageway, but I DID entered the pedestrian crossing).

There were four flashes from the red light camera.

Should I be worried now?

And if they will send me a ticket, can I fight it saying that I crossed the line but never get onto actual junction?

The same thing happened to me in Cardiff in the early hours I had just about managed to stop and the camera went off and I never heard any more about it, a friend of mine is a taxi driver and he tells me this has happened to him a few times without him receiving any fines or points,if both of the pictures show that you are stationary you have a good chance. I think they should contact the person concerned A.S.A.P to let them know one way or another but sadly they don’t it’s just wait and see. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Wish you luck as some of them ■■■■■■■■ are empty but flashing due to sensors not being removed every time they take camera out of the “bird nest”.
Hate them all. Red light and speed one.
Funny I heard about driver who got speeding fine and he went with all tacho analyse to court and he was told that tachograph records are not proof of anything. So since than (3 years about) I am wondering why VOSA can give me fine after any infringements :unamused: :question: :wink:

You’ve got 2 weeks for them to send you a letter mate any longer than that and it’s void!

I got flashed by a speed camera on the a141 early one morning and I never heard anything of it, just letting you know that somtimes you get flashed and hear nothing! My arse did twitch like a rabbits nose every time my gaffer rang me for two weeks. But I was spawny I guess!

peterm:
Orys, why worry about tossers running up your arse, if they’re in such a bloody hurry, let 'em kill each other.

Last time one idiot who ran into my arse barely killed me, and for sure put my life upside down. Therefore I might be now slightly over-sensitive about what’s going on behind me…

The reason they flash more than once is to prove whether you were jumping the lights or not, if you were in the same position in all photos it proves you did not move when the light was on red, if you were in different positions in each photo it proves you were moving when the light was red

dukeofdirt:
You’ve got 2 weeks for them to send you a letter mate any longer than that and it’s void!

I got flashed by a speed camera on the a141 early one morning and I never heard anything of it, just letting you know that somtimes you get flashed and hear nothing! My arse did twitch like a rabbits nose every time my gaffer rang me for two weeks. But I was spawny I guess!

It’s within 14 days to the registered keeper of the vehicle but there’s no limit on subsequent NIPs.

You said you stopped on the crossing.

Therefore, you didn’t go right through and to be frank, you drive a wagon and you’d have to be a helluva lot further forward for the camera to catch your reg.

They are focused on the middle of the junction.

So relax!

stagedriver:
You said you stopped on the crossing.

Therefore, you didn’t go right through and to be frank, you drive a wagon and you’d have to be a helluva lot further forward for the camera to catch your reg.

They are focused on the middle of the junction.

So relax!

I was in my car, not in the van…

Thanks for all answers, feel a bit better now, so let’s hope I’ll never hear anything.

I think they won’t be too keen to pursuit me for crossing the line if I did not entered the junction itself…

But I will be a bit nervous for a while… :wink:

Those cameras make me nervous :blush:

Say you go past the lights on green and they catch your trailer on red, im paranoid as ■■■■ about them :open_mouth:

Hi all,

I had the same problem on the north circular about 18 months ago.

Late on a Friday night, i was taking a 40ft to White Arrow to drop Mattresses, on the way round, i came upto a set of lights on green, i started to brake and i ended up going through on a red light, by which time i was already 3/4 of the way across, needless to say i got a double flash :frowning: at this point i was pretty fed up !

anyway, i let the boss know what had happened, and i expected to end up with a NIPs…but after 2 weeks of dreading the post, never heard a thing !!!

i am waiting for a NIP in daughters car
not paying attention could be a close call