Red diesel to get the chop!

Looks like the lower rate tax duty on red diesel is to be scrapped in the budget :open_mouth: Higher food prices then? :imp: fwi.co.uk/business/markets- … -duty-rate

What’s the current difference in pump prices between red and white? I have no idea as it’s not something I personally pay for, but I do have an idea that it’s a lot closer than it was in years gone past.

the maoster:
What’s the current difference in pump prices between red and white? I have no idea as it’s not something I personally pay for, but I do have an idea that it’s a lot closer than it was in years gone past.

I think the difference is 47pence per litre cheaper than “white” diesel. This is going to impact train fares too.

A possible beneficial effect for road transport and coach operators then? Our lot won’t be too happy as we run about 100 fridge trailers though.

I also read they’ve been putting bio fuel in with red diesel & that’s caused some problems with farming machinery where as it blocks up the fuel system :open_mouth: Some farmers have told the fuel company to take it back. :astonished:
The government are introducing bio E10 at the pumps soon & from what I can gather it isn’t good for older cars especially cars made prior to 2000, I’ll have to read up on how it will affect my old Rover. :open_mouth:

your average northern ireland driver wont be shaking in his shoes,as mostly over here its green diesel from paddyland treated with kitty litter and acid then sold by the 5 gallon drum… :wink:

Food haulage already uses white diesel.
Let’s get this right instead of allowing trucks to use red this ■■■■■■ Bozo is going to impose white diesel on everything including plant and machinery and generators. :open_mouth: :unamused: Although look on the bright side at least trains will lose a lot of their competitive edge ‘if’ it’s supposedly a ‘level playing field’.

Carryfast:
Let’s get this right instead of allowing trucks to use red this ■■■■■■ Bozo is going to impose white diesel on everything including plant and machinery and generators. :open_mouth: :unamused: Although look on the bright side at least trains will lose a lot of their competitive edge ‘if’ it’s supposedly a ‘level playing field’.

Our supermarket food haulage uses red for the fridges, although I can’t imagine the costs being too much higher as they barely burn any diesel anyway

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:

Carryfast:

Our supermarket food haulage uses red for the fridges, although I can’t imagine the costs being too much higher as they barely burn any diesel anyway

This is going to massively impact food prices if it goes through, and along with the reduction in subsidy to farmers that is coming.

Darkside:

stuwozere1:

Carryfast:

This is going to massively impact food prices if it goes through, and along with the reduction in subsidy to farmers that is coming.

I thought Gove wanted to subsidise landowners for public use of land, or summat?
That is stop subsidising food production but pay them to help in the upkeep of deer parks, so we can take country walks.

Franglais:

Darkside:

stuwozere1:

Carryfast:

I thought Gove wanted to subsidise landowners for public use of land, or summat?
That is stop subsidising food production but pay them to help in the upkeep of deer parks, so we can take country walks.

That is right, but surely the money should go to producing cheap food in our country. Something we all benefit from.

Darkside:

Franglais:

Darkside:

stuwozere1:

Carryfast:

That is right, but surely the money should go to producing cheap food in our country. Something we all benefit from.

Seems that way to you’n’me both then.
With possible disruption to food imports, a need to become less dependant on the EU etc…But here we are…

Besides the £2.4billion red diesel subsidy being scrapped I reckon the chancellor with end the fuel duty freeze dating back to 2010 & raise the fuel tax duty at the pumps to meet climate change targets.
Rumours online are saying that he might scrap the VAT on BEV’s too. What are your predictions for Wednesdays budget?

So far he has left the agricultural rouge alone and gone for road use which levels the furrow somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
So far he has left the agricultural rouge alone and gone for road use which levels the furrow somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thatl be another panic buying queue for derv to save £2.00 as well as bog roll and pasta then…people are lemmings.