Red cab lights.

What was that all about,red lights like a tarts boudoir,a mobile brothel on wheels,a cab light to enable a greater tolerance to bright car lights while driving at night in euroland.

just answered your own question Toby!

Preferred blue or green myself… more akin to moonlight

I read somewhere (Coffee To Go by Mr Hobbs) blue lights signify you bat for the other side :laughing:

MADBAZ:
I read somewhere (Coffee To Go by Mr Hobbs) blue lights signify you bat for the other side :laughing:

That is now a well established fact, ( I turn round and tell you :smiley: )

So you can see stuff in the cab like cigs, cd’s etc without having to put the main lights on. At least thats why I use them anyway.

Tarts boudoir has nothing to do with it,I use them because it gives a relaxing glow in the cab,and so you can see stuff you may need without putting the main light on.
I think DAF were the first manufacturer to fit them at the factory.

On some cars the red light comes as standard too, dare I say it on here…BMW :slight_smile:

the idea behind red lights are they don’t affect your night vision, in other words your pupils don’t respond to red light by contracting. That is why the military have always used red torches, however the story isn’t quite as straight forward as that, there is some truth behind it, but not much, think of a dark room where red light is used without damaging film and you will have some idea of why the idea started, but if you read this article it explains the myth behind the idea.
stlplaces.com/night_vision_red_myth/

Yes, it means you can drive at night and still see the young lady in the… ahem… “art magazine” you have draped over your steering wheel. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Yes, it means you can drive at night and still see the young lady in the… ahem… “art magazine” you have draped over your steering wheel. :wink:

But I only buy 'em for the articles on cars Harry.

Honest :blush:

Couple of Quality street wrappers tucked in the the lights . . . job done . . . dont see many of those blue dot/laser lights in the screen nowadays :sunglasses: whatever happened to them?