Red airline problem

This happened at my first drop on Friday :laughing: :laughing:

Carry spares ?

We donā€™t as a general rule but I ripped the black primary electrics lead in half last year and by a complete stroke of luck there was a spare in the side pod.

And a spanner. Unfortunately its not the kind of fitting on the cab where its a brass press fit otherwise you can just cut off the bit left on the fitting, cut the end of the rest of the suzi nice and square and push it back on.

Terry T:
Carry spares ?

We donā€™t as a general rule but I ripped the black primary electrics lead in half last year and by a complete stroke of luck there was a spare in the side pod.

Yep, we carry a full set of suzies and have a system fitted to our units called the Bessie Lineā€¦

Looks like itā€™s just pulled out, a couple o spanners, an proper brass olive, 10 mins later yer on yer way,us young fellas wud a had it sorted lol,if you were allowed to that is,highly unlikely nowadays

the cowboy:
Looks like itā€™s just pulled out, a couple o spanners, an proper brass olive, 10 mins later yer on yer way,us young fellas wud a had it sorted lol,if you were allowed to that is,highly unlikely nowadays

We carry a full spare set of suzies in our units and took 5 minutes to changeā€¦ :wink:

DAF95XF:

Terry T:
Carry spares ?

Yep, we carry a full set of suzies and have a system fitted to our units called the Bessie Lineā€¦

So did we but they seem to go missing or shall i say get used very quickly !! Some were even spotted on flea bay so i heard.

bald bloke:

DAF95XF:

Terry T:
Carry spares ?

So did we but they seem to go missing or shall i say get used very quickly !! Some were even spotted on flea bay so i heard.

Ours are kept in the side lockers in a bag with a seal, part of our walk round checksā€¦ :wink:

You should have flown with Easyjet .Red airline lost my luggage in Luxor last year, never again.

google.at/search?q=bic+kuge ā€¦ pK1l26M%3A

Each of us had such Pen with. If Suzy broke the outside Diameter of Pen ist slightly bigger then Suzy inside. Unscrew Pen and use Front Peace inside the both broken Parts.
Helped many out to Workshop.Cheaper then call out.
Our Lorries who run Middle East had anyway lots of Spares and Tools with them. Suzies as well.

Couple of adjustables a stanley knife and you could repair that. Stanley knife is for making a fresh olive out of the airline. Nowadays I would just get on the phone.

tommie1shunt:
Nowadays I would just get on the phone.

+1

Airlines always catching on the ratchet handles on those Yusen trailers!! Tuck them under the curtain!

Last time I done one in I was on an industrial estate very near an HGV spares place. Couldnā€™t be bothered with waiting for a fitter that day so bought an olive, cheap knife and a couple of cheap spanners, cut a bit off, fixed it and cracked on. Tools now floating around the bottom of my work bag now and have a spare olive in a box of spare bulbs.

Dont really need spanners ,knives,olives etc, just fit 2 female ā€œcā€ couplings to the tractor unit and a pair of ā€œcā€ males to the end of the suzie lines and carry a couple of suzies with the 2 males on the end already made up.

If they get damaged just disconnect from the tractor female and couple the new suzie.
Job done in a minute and your on your way.