Recovery

Just seen a big rigid DAF recovery wagon towing a bus…

Question is what type of licence do you need for this?

Sorry if this is dumb just felt the need! :blush:

C+E or the old fashoned class 1

C+E if you want to do the big stuff or tow behind a class C, but recovery work can also be class C or C1.
I have just started on recovery work again & holding a C + E gets you the work the others cannot do, but the difference between what I do & what the 7.5’s do is minimal.
For those who want to go for their HGV its a good area to start as a 7.5 ton driver & work your way up as the vehicles are very similar, the work is the same, (almost) so as you change from class to class its a very small change.

Im not even sure if you even need that!

unless my mates lad is a little bit iffy :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont know about recovery but Danny has been driving a wrecker since he was 18 and he is regularly called out by the police to attend accidents

I think you also need to be one crazy driver, Ive been towed twice by 2 different guys… ALL MAD!

Hazards like roundabouts, parked cars, traffic islands that me or you would slow down for… These guys speed up! and go straight over the top of them!

danielwilkie:
Ive been towed twice by 2 different guys… !

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
If you mean…“I have been towed” & not my vehicle then not by a modern professional recovery driver you haven’t.
If you mean my vehicle has been & I’ve been in the truck then fine, what kind of person do you think it takes to lay between two vehicles at the side of the road ?. Insanity is a must.

You can drive the biggest recovery truck you want to on a car licence they are also tacho exempt, and are taxed as a car.