Recovery drivers

Not posted for ages but am after a little bit of info on recovery drivers ie wages call out money etc.Ive been driving a taxi now for 18 months got made redundant lorry driving and have stuck with it basically to work around my two lads who are at primary school.There was a job advert in my local rag today so rang the no this morning had a bit of an informal chat.He told me to post my cv off which i have done.I have never done this work but the advert said no experience required as training will be given.Told the bloke got class 1 licence(the requirement was minimum class 2). So just wondered if anyone on here was in this line of work ?

Not in the line of work but see them daily as they seem to work every hour god sends :open_mouth: , could be why they tend to downsize to tacho exempt vehicles :confused:

Try here

google.co.uk/search?sourceid … ator+forum

and bob into a couple :sunglasses:

Funnily enough, Ive also applied for a recovery drivers job :grimacing:

DAF95XF:

Poacher turns gamekeeper…

DAF95XF:

When asked what experience you have of them at least you can say you’ve been towed by about 100 of the bloody things :laughing: :laughing:

hi smiler i worked in the recovery industry for quite a few years, mind you been out of it for 3 yrs now.
the basic pay when i was doing it down in devon wasn’t very good about minimum wage, you made the extra up through after hours call out. i was a breakdown mechanic so i didn’t do the long distance recovery only local stuff, but if memory serves me correct the guys doing it got call out then so much per mile travelled. but that was before the new tacho rules came in covering recovery vehicles that travel further than 60 miles from base, but that distance is as the crow flys not road miles. which has knocked back what the guys where earning. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: