Records

Confused about what records need to be kept a driver only drives for say one day in a week. I know that if you only drive for one day in a week you have to keep records for that entire week but the link below seems to say that you have to keep records for the previous month.

gov.uk/government/publicati … other-work

You need records of all activities for the current day and the previous 28 days, including your weekly rests, any holidays, sick days, other work, work for other employers etc etc. If you’re only an occasional driver, you’re best off with the official format Attestation Letter.

news.rha.uk.net/2023/06/30/tach … ntent.html

news.rha.uk.net/2022/04/01/tach … ntent.html

Zac_A:
You need records of all activities for the current day and the previous 28 days, including your weekly rests, any holidays, sick days, other work, work for other employers etc etc. If you’re only an occasional driver, you’re best off with the official format Attestation Letter.

Thanks for this so if I drove in week 20 then I would need records for week 16 too? And if I then did not drive again until week 30 I would need records back to week 26 but would not need anything for weeks 25, 24,23 22 and 21?

No, you need “full records of all activities”, including the weeks you were not driving. This is where RHA’s “attestation letter” is a major help

Lusk:

Zac_A:

Thanks for this so if I drove in week 20 then I would need records for week 16 too? And if I then did not drive again until week 30 I would need records back to week 26 but would not need anything for weeks 25, 24,23 22 and 21?

Correct. But when you come to week 30 how do you recreate the records for the past 28 days if you’ve not been keeping notes?