Recording TV / DVDs to USB?

Dunno if this can be done, or what I need to do it? I’ve got an Android tablet which I take with me in t’lorry, it’s handy for Kindle and games, and any films that I save to USB from the net, but was wondering if there’s any way I can record TV progs or DVDs onto USB memory sticks to take along and watch when I get overnighted? The tablet has got USB and HDMI ports, but no other inputs so don’t know if I can use a Freeview dongle of some type with it?

I was thinking about getting a TV/DVD combi to fit in, but then though if I can do it with what I’ve already got, it’ll save a few squids, and then if I can be a good boy for the next few weeks, Santa might take pity on me anyway!

Gary

And just realised this is probably the wrong forum - sorry, if one of the admins wants to move it, feel free.

Copy dvd to computer hard drive then copy them to usb stick . See you tube your friend.

My son has a 19 inch tv with a usb port in his room, you can record direct from the tv to the usb, never tried playback on anything else.