Record Keepong

Been reading some info on recording keeping and the need to enter info of work and rest. You apparently now need to enter if you do other work in previous weeks or been on holiday or off unwell.

However what if you do ad hock work, for agencies for example if I work in an office this week I am not a driver I am an office worker, if I am off work I am not on holiday I am not working?

as DVSA will not accept diary entries, manual or electronic logs (just to be awkward and collect fines) I am guessing the beast way of keep records is to get a box of old fashioned tachos and do entry on them rather than trying to enter records into a tiny screen why above your head?

If I haven’t worked as a driver for say two months, what records do I need to keep

Macski:
Been reading some info on recording keeping and the need to enter info of work and rest. You apparently now need to enter if you do other work in previous weeks or been on holiday or off unwell.

However what if you do ad hock work, for agencies for example if I work in an office this week I am not a driver I am an office worker, if I am off work I am not on holiday I am not working?

as DVSA will not accept diary entries, manual or electronic logs (just to be awkward and collect fines) I am guessing the beast way of keep records is to get a box of old fashioned tachos and do entry on them rather than trying to enter records into a tiny screen why above your head?

If I haven’t worked as a driver for say two months, what records do I need to keep

Use printout roll and record it manually on the back just like you would an old tacho chart.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

What I do now is do a print out at the end of the shift for the agency, then maybe I don’t do any work for a week, I write on the blank print roll, finished work at whatever the time and date is then write no more work until, whatever date you do return to work, then I sign it and enter my licence number and digi number, DVSA seems satisfied with that and I just keep the 28 days record with me.

Sapper

When driving under the EU regulations you need to have records of your work and rest periods for the current day and the previous 28 days.

They made a concession for if you don’t drive in a fixed week, but they totally messed it up and it’s less confusing to just keep full records in my opinion.

You can make the record by writing it on printout paper or wax chart or via manual entry, if you’ve driven under GB domestic then you can use that logbook.

No work is rest, doesn’t matter if it’s just no work, holiday or sick, so 1 week no work between driving jobs then the easiest way to make the record is 1 manual entry of rest, you may need to add some time to the end of the last shift / start of the shift starting.

If you regularly do other non driving work then the easiest way would be do a printout when you finish a driving shift, pull Extra paper through, then at the end of each subsequent day make your record for that day and rest, then when you get back in a truck record the time the written record covers with ? Either by saying no to a manual entry or manually enter ? If you then wanted enter time to the beginning of that driving shift on the tacho, but you could do it written on the printout.

If you are unwell or on holiday then the manual entry you should be doing at the start of your next shift which will be just one single rest entry from when you last took out the card til you started work will cover it.

Macski:

Did you ever do a DCPC on drivers hrs, and remember being required to be able to show 28 days of your activity…… that is what this is. So in your example, if you’ve been away from driving for 2 months, you only need to demonstrate the prev 28 days.

Acorn:

Macski:

Did you ever do a DCPC on drivers hrs, and remember being required to be able to show 28 days of your activity…… that is what this is. So in your example, if you’ve been away from driving for 2 months, you only need to demonstrate the prev 28 days.

Are you sure?
28days of records are needed for a roadside check. Yes. Agreed.

But, Macski`s employer needs to show his records for 12months.
These records will be needed for checking the 48hrs average, for instance.
Will a record made differently to the specified tachograph-roll/disc/card methods be allowed for this?

Doubtful anyone would be locked up for failing to do such, but, if the smelly stuff hits the rotating air dispersal machinery, then two minutes work each day doesn`t seem like too great an effort to me.

Professional drivers :unamused:

Conor:
If you are unwell or on holiday then the manual entry you should be doing at the start of your next shift which will be just one single rest entry from when you last took out the card til you started work will cover it.

Thats how i understand it to, if you only work as a driver and all you hours are recorded on your card, no other records are needed