record keeping

hey guys ill be only working 4 days next week as opposed to my normal 5 days.my question do i have to record this day off with a tacho chart or simply not record anything.sorry for sounding like a right ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No requirement to record your day off.

the maoster:

This ^^^^

ROG:

the maoster:

This ^^^^

thanks guys. :smiley:

the maoster:

My boss tells me that I have to also complete tacho charts for the days that I’m not working and write on them the date and the words ‘Rest day’ or ‘weekly rest’ (ie… record days off) … I assumed that this was a legal requirement, is it not then?

alphonsohall:

the maoster:

My boss tells me that I have to also complete tacho charts for the days that I’m not working and write on them the date and the words ‘Rest day’ or ‘weekly rest’ (ie… record days off) … I assumed that this was a legal requirement, is it not then?

When I worked for Brakes food services had to do a chart for 7 days rest days sick holidays.its only the same as when you put your card in do a manual entry to start your shift it records when you finished your last shift.but I might get corrected on it tho lol

Jeff.

alphonsohall:

the maoster:

Nope not a legal requirement. It could just be company policy also some company’s will scan in a chart to compleat the system … just an after thought as its a legal document your also stating you have NOT engaged in any other work … covers their ■■■ if it was later found out you were doing other work when on rest days …

Any rest days I have are recorded as that via a manual entry when I put the card in on the first day back, including say a weeks holiday, then every day is covered.
It saved me the hassle of defending my self when my truck was issued with a parking ticket, and I was blamed for it, I checked the date, and did a print out off the card just to prove that I was not driving it on that particular day, 24hrs of rest was shown on the print out, I was actually on a weeks holiday when it happened, and they had another driver on it.
With out even knowing the date but just looking at the picture evidence, i knew that it wasnt me who parked it there any way, was just told, its your truck parked there, so its your parking ticket.
So even though its not a requierment to record these days, it is a good idea to do it, especialy if your the regular driver of the same truck.